Seeking feedback on website for a tricky customer

Go to solution Solved by ka00876,

Hi All

Would really appreciate some feedback on this website, This is about my 15th/20th site on Squarespace now but I'm hitting a brick wall with meeting the client brief ( she has drawn up each page), expectation level and spacing.

The client wants all clean lines and everything lined up across all screens.

When I'm looking at my views - full screen, laptop, ipad and phone the site is doing as requested but she looks at it on her ipad and says its all over the place, she also looks at it on desk top and drags the screen to make it smaller and isn't happy with the way it moves.

I'm not sure there is much else I can do but if anyone knows of any coding that could help me or advice on how to handle this I would really appreciate it.

Perhaps it looks terrible on your screen?  If so please let me know!

I'm aware the copy is small and hard to read with it being grey, plus the lack of privacy policy etc but she is insistent these are not included.

Really looking forward to hearing your comments, advice or similar jobs and how you've managed them

Thanks in advance, Kelly

https://artist-sarah-adams.squarespace.com

Password: Cornwall

I don't see many issues, where are the main pain-points?

It can be tough when a client has a very specific idea of how they want their website to look, appreciating how dynamic a website needs to be before starting on a design and steering towards layouts that will cope better with a reduced width is helpful, but when you have a static wireframe to start with it can box you into a corner.

The recent work page may work better in terms of alignment if the images on the right are set to top align rather than center.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• Solution
22 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I don't see many issues, where are the main pain-points?

It can be tough when a client has a very specific idea of how they want their website to look, appreciating how dynamic a website needs to be before starting on a design and steering towards layouts that will cope better with a reduced width is helpful, but when you have a static wireframe to start with it can box you into a corner.

The recent work page may work better in terms of alignment if the images on the right are set to top align rather than center.

Hi Ziggy

Really appreciate you taking the time to look and for the advice.  I'll have a go with the image alignment and see if it helps. EDIT- this did help thank you - still having problems with the client but images are looking great.

Kelly

Edited by ka00876