Return to Place on Scroll After Back Arrow

Hello, Once again script has stopped working on my site. It is one of the most important features. I guess every time they do an update? Because there is a lot of scrolling with many individual posts I need the user to return to where they were on the posts page when they click the back arrow. I found script that works BUT only after the 2nd click back.  I need it to happen every time. Is there a way to alter this or does anyone have script that would work.? 

Thanks!

Here It is:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
if (window.performance && window.performance.navigation.type === window.performance.navigation.TYPE_BACK_FORWARD) {
   if (localStorage.getItem("my_app_name_here-quote-scroll") != null) {
        $(window).scrollTop(localStorage.getItem("my_app_name_here-quote-scroll"));
    }
} else {
   $(window).scrollTop();
}
window.addEventListener('beforeunload', function (e) {
        if (window.performance && window.performance.navigation.type === window.performance.navigation.TYPE_BACK_FORWARD) {
        localStorage.setItem("my_app_name_here-quote-scroll", $(window).scrollTop());
        } 
 });
</script>

• Replies 0
  • Views 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic