Identical images not all responding the same to different screen sizes

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

Hi all, I have an issue where not all identical images on a page are responding the same to different screen sizes. I am using a series of circle designs on this website and all images are identical size and shape from the same image file. But some of those images render at a larger sizes than the others in mid-sized screens such as 13-15inch laptops. I want the smaller image size to render. See the screenshot example. 

The images are all in the same section on a 7.1 site, so grid settings are the same for all images.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?HHP-circles.thumb.png.12947fe6f1c628abc1fa08b8f50eabaf.png  

Can you share your website URL and this page?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• Solution

The images are being constrained by the grid height, that doesn't always stay consistent as it stretches to fit text content. You can see here what's going on:

image.thumb.png.8499f332f045cf4a3b9ce537f4f0009e.png

This is partly happening because you have the titles in separate text blocks, but could also be fixed by having an image that is smaller than the block (align top/right), and making the image block larger so when the rows/columns stretch/squash then it doesn't change the size of the image.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

16 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

The images are being constrained by the grid height, that doesn't always stay consistent as it stretches to fit text content. You can see here what's going on:

image.thumb.png.8499f332f045cf4a3b9ce537f4f0009e.png

This is partly happening because you have the titles in separate text blocks, but could also be fixed by having an image that is smaller than the block (align top/right), and making the image block larger so when the rows/columns stretch/squash then it doesn't change the size of the image.

aha! that makes sense now, thank you for pointing it out. I had assumed the tiles broke across two different grid lines. 

I think there will be a bit of trial and error involved in getting the image size and block right so that it stays the same size when rows/columns stretch. Or, do you have a ready formula for working that out? 

Thanks for your help!

45 minutes ago, Callan said:

Or, do you have a ready formula for working that out? 

Not exactly, but if you resized the image to 32x32px (or similar) and re-uploaded the image for each instance, then made the image block larger, it would keep the size consistent.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: