Upgrading from 7.0 to 7.1

Is there really still no easy way to transfer my 7.0 website, to the new 7.1?

I can't believe SS really expects loyal Squarespace customers to completely redo our websites. 

I have hundreds and hundreds of pages that I would have to redo, that would take countless hours or cost me tens of thousands to pay someone to transfer. That's insane. 

Please tell me that you're working on a more automatic way to upgrade from 7 to 7.1?

(Otherwise I think everyone is just going to move to Wordpress and leave SS in the dust.)

Anyone have advice on how to make the transition less painful??

Thanks,
Tom

Please tell me that you're working on a more automatic way to upgrade from 7 to 7.1?

Please see item six on the forum guidelines.

I think it unlikely at this point.

Otherwise I think everyone is just going to move to Wordpress and leave SS in the dust.

Wordpress is not painless when it comes to upgrades.

Anyone have advice on how to make the transition less painful??

Please see SquarespaceWebsites Tools PRO Chrome Extension.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you used it to go from 7.0 to 7.1?

I have not used it personally but I've seen several positive comments about it. If I ever need to do a v7.0 to v7.1 it would certainly be on my list of tools to try out!

If you want to get actual user feedback you might want to start a new post asking for feedback on the tool.

Some searching in the forum might get you some hits.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.