How to change button styles and delete hover effect

Go to solution Solved by MayaViolet,

Hi, I'm trying to remove the hover effect on my secondary and tertiary buttons but I can't figure out how. The primary button doesn't have any animations on hover, so that's fine, but I don't want my button style to change when hovering over any of them.

On the first image, you can't see the second button, but on the second image (when I hover) it becomes visible. The colour settings seem to only affect the colours on hover and nothing else.

Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-06-27 121347.png

Screenshot 2023-06-27 121337.png

Edited by DenisaP
  • Replies 8
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DenisaP said:

Hi tuanphan, I'm still building out the website, but you can find it below:

https://radish-prism-9axd.squarespace.com/

Password: kindly

Thank you so much!

Which page are you referring to? I don't see secondary/tertiary buttons on main page

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

9 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

Which page are you referring to? I don't see secondary/tertiary buttons on main page

Hi, they are there (on the homepage) but you can't see them unless you hover over them. They are:

- one above the fold, just under the paragraph

- one under the 'our take on design' section, just under the paragraph (towards the bottom of the page)

I've attached an example of what it should look like. I want to eliminate the hover effect altogether, for both secondary and tertiary buttons.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 102023.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 10:21 AM, DenisaP said:

Hi, they are there (on the homepage) but you can't see them unless you hover over them. They are:

- one above the fold, just under the paragraph

- one under the 'our take on design' section, just under the paragraph (towards the bottom of the page)

I've attached an example of what it should look like. I want to eliminate the hover effect altogether, for both secondary and tertiary buttons.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 102023.png

@tuanphan, any chance I can get your input on this, please? Still struggling to find a solution

• 4 months later...

Hi @DenisaP
I am having the exact same issue & tried your code but nothing changed. I'm fairly new to squarespace and have just set up a very simple site to sell my proudcts but the one thing I cannot seem to fix is my 'add to cart' button only shows when you hover over it (and on mobile, you cant see it at all)

I would love for the 'add to cart' to just be a normal button, no hover effect (also not sure why it's currently sitting offset to the right) 

Screenshot 2023-12-11 190401.png

Screenshot 2023-12-11 190416.png

21 hours ago, pippspo said:

Hi @DenisaP
I am having the exact same issue & tried your code but nothing changed. I'm fairly new to squarespace and have just set up a very simple site to sell my proudcts but the one thing I cannot seem to fix is my 'add to cart' button only shows when you hover over it (and on mobile, you cant see it at all)

I would love for the 'add to cart' to just be a normal button, no hover effect (also not sure why it's currently sitting offset to the right) 

Screenshot 2023-12-11 190401.png

Screenshot 2023-12-11 190416.png

Can you share link to a product?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)