Possible to add files from asset library to portfolio?

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Is it possible to upload files from your asset library directly into your portfolio? I can add files from my computer to my portfolio, and from the asset library to any page I want, but I can't find the functionality to add files already in the asset library to the portfolio.

It's making the portfolio feature awkward to use/setup because I am trying to get current images off my mobile phone and onto the web page easily. Normally I upload them directly from phone to asset library, then I can freely choose them when adding images to a page. I don't want to have to download the files off my mobile phone to my computer first; this is an awkward and time consuming step.

Please advise. Thanks!

• Solution

You can upload images from the AL into the individual pages but as you've discovered you can't do this with the featured images.

Unfortunately SS is pretty bad at incorporating new features into their older features. It's usually a slow crawl.

About the only thing you can do is contact customer support and register a feature request/bug report. I consider it the later as AL has been out for ages and SS has had plenty of time to go through and revamp their old UI elements.

This issue has been noted in other threads.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.