Member Area Log In Dialog Change

I've created some code for altering member area log in dialogs. Please see Member Area Log In Dialog Change.

This code replaces two former separate codes that I had created for changing the sign in and sign up dialogs plus adds new features.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 months later...

I have updated my cited code in the original post for this thread.

From the read me changes.

• fix for code not running after apparent changes by Squarespace

Let me know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for this @creedon, this is great and just what I needed.

I've managed to use your code to change the Titles in both the Sign up and Sign in pop up boxes.

I wondered if it's possible to change the small text that sits below the title in the sign up box, by default is says 'Create an account to unlock exclusive content.'

image.png.e25f4693c153ab9baef6f078f4f2ff18.png
Thanks in advance
Dan

52 minutes ago, D8NMT said:

I wondered if it's possible to change the small text that sits below the title in the sign up box, by default is says 'Create an account to unlock exclusive content.'

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue. For us to see the URL you need to include the link in the content of your post. The URL field the forum software provides is not shown to us.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a URL that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

We can then take a look at your issue.

4 minutes ago, creedon said:

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue. For us to see the URL you need to include the link in the content of your post. The URL field the forum software provides is not shown to us.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a URL that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

Sure thing 🙂 

So you can see the sign up pop up on this page https://www.futurelidos.org/account/login/create
The password is future

image.png.aaa5f960153308e0e0b84f23bec12a86.png

The screenshot above has arrows pointing out the text i'd like to change (if possible)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Dan

2 hours ago, D8NMT said:

Add the following to my code where it indicates CSS should be added.

.twc-malidc-sign-up h1::after {

color : gray;
  content : 'Create an account to unlock exclusive content.';
  display : block;
  font-size : 13px;

}

.twc-malidc-sign-up-password-confirm::after {

color : gray;
  content : 'By joining you may receive emails and updates related to your account. You can unsubscribe at anytime.';
  font-size : 13px;
  margin-top : 1em;

}

Let us know how it goes.

image.png.b352214a5c9c972ce447ea9de068c5d2.png

@creedon - I've added the CSS which appears to have worked if i go directly to the account creation link (https://www.futurelidos.org/account/login/create)

However, if the user selects to sign up via a sign up block (see the 'sign up button' on this page - https://www.futurelidos.org/access

Then the pop up displays the replacement text as well as the default text.

Not sure if there is any way around this?

Any ideas?

Edited by D8NMT
On 2/27/2024 at 3:38 AM, D8NMT said:

Any ideas?

Yes. I think I was off track here so lets reset.

It appears we are dealing with the member dialog in two different states. One is a default dialog.

ScreenShot2024-02-27at12_53_23PM.png.507560b2db34ecff2c8cc3ec440f4eff.png

The other is a digital product block dialog.

ScreenShot2024-02-27at12_52_44PM.png.a8230cd0fd96df17bd5fe0b14853d481.png

In this one we see the added texts Create an account to unlock exclusive content. and By joining you may receive emails and updates related to your account. You can unsubscribe at anytime.

Lets work on this one first.

.twc-malidc-sign-up h1 ~ h3 {

visibility : hidden;

}

.twc-malidc-sign-up h1 ~ h3::before {

content : 'Testing changing the text.';
  visibility : visible;

}

.twc-malidc-sign-up .twc-malidc-sign-up-password-confirm ~ div {

visibility : hidden;

}

.twc-malidc-sign-up .twc-malidc-sign-up-password-confirm ~ div::after {

content : 'Testing changing the text.';
  visibility : visible;

}

Remove any previous attempts at this effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

• 3 months later...
On 2/27/2024 at 6:45 PM, creedon said:

In this one we see the added texts Create an account to unlock exclusive content. and By joining you may receive emails and updates related to your account. You can unsubscribe at anytime.

Let work on this one first.

Hi @creedon, I was so happy to find this post as I'm trying to change this text. I've added the code injection in your linked post, and tried to use the CSS you shared above, but can't get it to work. Would you be able to help me figure out where I'm going wrong in trying to update that Digital Products block text?

On 6/10/2024 at 5:35 AM, AgnesK said:

Would you be able to help me figure out where I'm going wrong in trying to update that Digital Products block text?

Post the password here.

1 hour ago, creedon said:

Here's a link to the page: https://www.the-whole-you.com/programs.  The popup that would ideally be edited is one that relates to the digital products blocks (button is labeled "Account, Pay & Register").

If it'd be possible to change the text that says"Create an account to unlock exclusive content", that would be really great!

On 6/10/2024 at 5:35 AM, AgnesK said:

tried to use the CSS you shared above, but can't get it to work.

The CSS in the post I shared above needs to be installed into the member area log in dialog change code where is says [optional, enter css here replacing square brackets]

Screenshot2024-06-11at3_43_46PM.thumb.png.f9efe7c1123c7525f439648fb1db1dfb.png

Let us know how it goes.

48 minutes ago, creedon said:

The CSS in the post I shared above needs to be installed into the member area log in dialog change code where is says [optional, enter css here replacing square brackets]

It worked! For some reason the first time I tried it, I couldn't make it work, but this time it did. Thank you so much for making this script and code available. Being able to edit that text is a huge help to my client for better UX.

I just have another quick question...do you know if there's any way to remove this "Create Account" option in the nav Login popup? It's not ideal for people using this site to create an account unless it's during the purchase of a Digital Product.

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 20.37.29.png

2 minutes ago, AgnesK said:

I just have another quick question...do you know if there's any way to remove this "Create Account" option in the nav Login popup? It's not ideal for people using this site to create an account unless it's during the purchase of a Digital Product.

Use the twc-malidc-create class name I provided as part of my code.

.twc-malidc-create {

display : none;

}

This CSS goes in the same place as the other CSS.

Let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MuhammadIsa said:

Is it possible to change the title of the member areas sign up dialog in the same fashion we updated the other text?

My code currently does not distinguish between plain and member area sign up dialogs.

Screenshot2024-06-24at6_02_44PM.thumb.png.093fbe51172e9ad6185db03382603537.png

Screenshot2024-06-24at6_11_15PM.thumb.png.a4578a203a227c9d24df8f33a523f50c.png

They are basically the same dialog with just a few difference. So using the sign up variable in my code probably won't do for the effect you want.

signUp : '[optional, enter sign up title text here between single quotes replacing square brackets]',

What you want may be possible using a custom callback and using my accountFrameCallback variable per the instructions.

accountFrameCallback : undefined

I do not know of any custom callback code that does what you want.

For our edification what text do you want in place of the default text?

I have updated my cited code in the original post for this thread.

From the read me changes.

• support for sign up join
  • support v7.0
  • removed dependency on jQuery

If your current install of my code is doing what you want there is no need to update to this version.

Let me know how it goes.