Mobile Information Bar

About the Mobile Information Bar (located in the Settings 7.1) :

Neat feature with lot of potential but it leaves a lot to hope for in it's current form. The main problem is that the information that can be shown is too restricted.

I would hope to see at least some form of customation. Have us make a few custom buttons where we can insert links with custom labels and icons.

The other problem is that it's pretty much useless unless your site is only for English speaking audience, and without able to customize the content it can only ever be in English.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The layout is fine as it is, but it just lacks custom options. Of course being able to change background and foreground colors would be nice too (and can be done already with custom css of course).

About the opening hours, would it be possible to retrieve opening hours from Google's my business API? That would be handy especially in cases a company is not always open full week (like in Finland we do have quite a few special holiday dates).

Personally I would like to highlight some of the most important pages on my site in the mobile bar. I get the ideology behind the current bar that you have easy access to phone number / email etc but I don't have use for address info (map) and because of the issues mentioned above about the opening hours I would rather use that space for custom links and icons instead.