Need help to move a website from one dashboard to another - transfer ownership

I am an admin on one site and mistakenly created a new website on the same dashboard. However all the email traffic to the new site is going to the Owner's email address on the first site. The Owner is the website that I manage so can make any changes that are required.

I have tried "Transfer Ownership" with no luck - there are no options available when I click on the Transfer Ownership button.

Can anyone advise how to move the second website (lizsmithtextiles.com) to a separate account? 

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.b243d43ccda3e38b4b53f72c2ec8b0e5.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Squarespace is set up to have users with individual log ins and dashboards have access to multiple websites. If you want that second website on a different dashboard, then you need a different login, then share the website with that login email address, then you can transfer ownership to that login and remove the permissions for the initial login.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

The person to whom you want to transfer the owner status must also be the administrator of this website. Invite him to be the administrator of this web page, and if the person has accepted it, only then can you transfer the status of the owner to him.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 11.24.47.png

Edited by kalevi