Can I EDIT the TTL settings in SQUARESPACE DNS?

Go to solution Solved by EjD,

Is it possible to EDIT the TTL settings in SQUARESPACE DNS? I'm trying to transfer a domain from SquarespaceSITE-ONE to SquarespaceSITE-TWO. The domain is a GoDaddy domain with nameservers pointing at Squarespace. It's been over 24 hours since I disconnected the custom domain from SquarespaceSITE-ONE and reconnected it to SquarespaceSITE-TWO and not a single major server has adopted the new DNS records. I want to know for next time if there is a way to set the TTL to just a few minutes ahead of the transfer.

What is the domain you are transferring? Did you disconnect from site-one successfully first before reconnecting?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

I'm transferring the domain www.rivermontrefillery.com. To this site: https://rivermontrefillery.squarespace.com

The domain is registered with GoDaddy and the name servers are pointing to Squarespace and have been all along since the site I'm replacing was also a Squarespace site. See screenshots. 

Yes, I first disconnect the domain from the old website. And then followed the reconnection process for Godaddy which is very simple since the name servers were already pointing at Squarespace.

Screenshot2023-03-07at5_48_10PM.thumb.png.5c389a817edd7e160966c7085ebdb1db.pngScreenshot2023-03-07at5_48_52PM.thumb.png.08830e985ecd3f70539c46c1b23a9178.png

Edited by EjD
Updated

The screenshot of the Squarespace domains page doesn't look like you have set that up with nameservers hosted on Squarespace, it looks like standard manual DNS setup. You may want to disconnect the domain on Squarespace and go through the setup again and make sure to go the nameserver route.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

First off, Ziggy, thanks so much for helping me out! I see you help alot of people and that's pretty awesome! I shot this quick video showing the connection process. Am I missing anything here? Both Squarespace and Godaddy don't allow any edits to DNS settings during this process. For GoDaddy, it's because the nameservers point to Squarespace... For Squarespace, its because the connection hasn't finished propagating (so they say). It's been nearly 30 hours now since I followed these steps. I would've thought that default TTL in squarespace was much lower like max 12-24 hrs. Any thoughts or ideas?

• Solution

It appears that the problem was that Squarespace didn't detect a full disconnect from the previous Squarespace site because the nameservers on GoDaddy were still pointing at Squarespace. The resolution involved reverting the nameservers back to the GoDaddy default, and then switching them back to the Squarespace nameservers.

Glad that working now!

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!