Would love feedback on my site

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Gin, what's the URL for your site?

Sam Crawford | by Crawford.

Multi-award-winning Squarespace expert

💸 How I make $500k/year designing Squarespace websites: Watch the video
📱 Hire me to build your Squarespace website: calendly.com/bycrawford/call

Did my comment help? To help others benefit, leave a like and mark my answer as 'best'. This lets users scroll straight to the solution they need.
7 minutes ago, CoralJuneDesigns said:

www.coraljunedesigns.co.uk

Thanks! So my top 5 bits of feedback would be:

1. Get rid of the landing page and direct users straight to the homepage.
2. Remove section on homepage with ID (section[data-section-id="62252374bf6d893f4cfe370b"]) - doesn't make sense to have it. if I was a potential client I wouldn't understand what I was looking at.
3. Use a better cropped and clearer 'Squarespace Circle Member' badge. This is a badge of honour and could sway a client so make sure it's super crisp and well aligned.
4. Your 'Think Thinner Coaching' link is broken on the portfolio page. Maybe check for other broken links and spelling errors. One of the 'Visit site' buttons has a lowercase 'V'.
5. Double check the alignment across the site. There are places where there are centre aligned blocks and then directly above or below there is a left aligned block. Personally I find this jarring and prefer when most items in a section are aligned the same way.

Sorry if this comes across harsh. Really hope it helps!

Sam Crawford | by Crawford.

Multi-award-winning Squarespace expert

💸 How I make $500k/year designing Squarespace websites: Watch the video
📱 Hire me to build your Squarespace website: calendly.com/bycrawford/call

Did my comment help? To help others benefit, leave a like and mark my answer as 'best'. This lets users scroll straight to the solution they need.
8 hours ago, bycrawford said:

Thanks! So my top 5 bits of feedback would be:

1. Get rid of the landing page and direct users straight to the homepage.
2. Remove section on homepage with ID (section[data-section-id="62252374bf6d893f4cfe370b"]) - doesn't make sense to have it. if I was a potential client I wouldn't understand what I was looking at.
3. Use a better cropped and clearer 'Squarespace Circle Member' badge. This is a badge of honour and could sway a client so make sure it's super crisp and well aligned.
4. Your 'Think Thinner Coaching' link is broken on the portfolio page. Maybe check for other broken links and spelling errors. One of the 'Visit site' buttons has a lowercase 'V'.
5. Double check the alignment across the site. There are places where there are centre aligned blocks and then directly above or below there is a left aligned block. Personally I find this jarring and prefer when most items in a section are aligned the same way.

Sorry if this comes across harsh. Really hope it helps!

Wow thank you @bycrawford, not harsh at all I was looking for honest feedback to help my business so I really appreciate your time.

Thank you again. 

Hi @CoralJuneDesigns

Just hopping on with some thoughts building upon @bycrawford's feedback:

• I agree that you should remove the landing area and go straight to the Home page.
  • I recommend building out your pages with more copy! It will help to boost SEO and help audiences to connect with your brand. The Home page sections on who you work with and your services can be developed to really speak to and connect with your ideal audience!
  • Make your work and offer more of a focus. Your Home page work samples are in a gallery which users have to click through (which they are unlikely to do). Your work samples should be a focal point. 
  • On the Work With Me and Portfolio pages, users have to click through to different pages to find key information. You can add the Package Details to the Work With Me page so it's easy to find, and I would move your Website Portfolio and Branding Portfolio pages to dropdown in the navigation, so users can directly visit the content they're looking for. 

Let me know if this is all clear!

— Hannah
Sisu Templates

A brand designer & strategist creating brands that bridge the gaps between artistry, strategy, and thoughtful consideration. Creator of Studio Founded, a digital resource library for purposeful business owners. 
💻 Shop Squarespace Templates
✍️ Curated Business Resources

🥰 Complimentary Downloadables
🤍 Bespoke Branding & Websites

Links in my posts may be affiliate links.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 3:09 PM, sisutemplates said:

Hi @CoralJuneDesigns

Just hopping on with some thoughts building upon @bycrawford's feedback:

• I agree that you should remove the landing area and go straight to the Home page.
  • I recommend building out your pages with more copy! It will help to boost SEO and help audiences to connect with your brand. The Home page sections on who you work with and your services can be developed to really speak to and connect with your ideal audience!
  • Make your work and offer more of a focus. Your Home page work samples are in a gallery which users have to click through (which they are unlikely to do). Your work samples should be a focal point. 
  • On the Work With Me and Portfolio pages, users have to click through to different pages to find key information. You can add the Package Details to the Work With Me page so it's easy to find, and I would move your Website Portfolio and Branding Portfolio pages to dropdown in the navigation, so users can directly visit the content they're looking for. 

Let me know if this is all clear!

— Hannah
Sisu Templates

Thank you Hannah for your time and valuable feed back it really is appreciated.