Problems editing this morning

• Replies 7
  • Views 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not seeing this issue.

Two suggestions.

Have you tried a hard refresh? Also sometimes referred to as a super reload.

Restart your browser, quit and launch it. By extension you might also do the same for your computer. The basic idea being give everything a clean slate.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

3 minutes ago, Saskia_Hopfull said:

Update, I just tried Chrome incognito and editing works fine.

Is it the case you brought up an incognito window. Went to the backend of your site. Logged in with your usual SS account and were able to edit with no issues?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@Saskia_Hopfull

This makes me think that possibly something has gone wrong with cookies or one of the local storage options. When you use a new Private browsing window it is basically like you've never done anything on the site.

Please see How to Clear Storage and Site Data for a Single Site on Google Chrome. Although this is for Chrome each of the top desktop browsers have similar features.

If you do the above you will notice that the state of your Pages collapse/expansion start fully expanded. I mention that because it always catches my eye and I'm pretty experienced with this stuff and most times it takes me a beat to remember. 🙂

6 minutes ago, creedon said:

@Saskia_Hopfull

This makes me think that possibly something has gone wrong with cookies or one of the local storage options. When you use a new Private browsing window it is basically like you've never done anything on the site.

Please see How to Clear Storage and Site Data for a Single Site on Google Chrome. Although this is for Chrome each of the top desktop browsers have similar features.

If you do the above you will notice that the state of your Pages collapse/expansion start fully expanded. I mention that because it always catches my eye and I'm pretty experienced with this stuff and most times it takes me a beat to remember. 🙂

Great tip, thank you
Although, it didn't fix the SS issue 😞