CSS for overlapping text and an image

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to overlap text and an image, whilst keeping the same amount of letters/words per line as the screen gets smaller?

See screenshot

Essentially, the text box would forget about the image and keep moving across it.

I have played around with max-width but I can't seem to find the correct solution.

What I have managed to achieve is to get the text and image to overlap using z-index, but at 1387px the text box changes to one word per line, which I would like to avoid.

I know you can achieve this using the fluid editor, but I am trying to avoid this because of scaling issues on tablets and mobiles.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any and all help.

Here is the link to the page:

https://semicircle-nectarine-t42g.squarespace.com/

The password is 1234567890.

Steve.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 15.58.11.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/15/2022 at 11:15 PM, SteveBarrett said:

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to overlap text and an image, whilst keeping the same amount of letters/words per line as the screen gets smaller?

See screenshot

Essentially, the text box would forget about the image and keep moving across it.

I have played around with max-width but I can't seem to find the correct solution.

What I have managed to achieve is to get the text and image to overlap using z-index, but at 1387px the text box changes to one word per line, which I would like to avoid.

I know you can achieve this using the fluid editor, but I am trying to avoid this because of scaling issues on tablets and mobiles.

Anyway, thank you in advance for any and all help.

Here is the link to the page:

https://semicircle-nectarine-t42g.squarespace.com/

The password is 1234567890.

Steve.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 15.58.11.png

With fluid engine in squarespace version 7.1, you can drag and drop  the text block, image block any where on section. Have you tried it yet?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!