Cookie Banner with personal plan?

I am in the process of building my first Squarespace website with a personal abo.

At the moment I am researching cookie banners to comply with GDPR. Did I get that right, that it is not possible to activate an external cookie banner with the personal Squarespace abo as it is not possible to add code to my Squarespace site? - for that I'd need the professional plan...  That means, it's not possible to have a GDPR compliant Squarespace website with a personal abo, if I don't turn off cookies altogether?? I understood the the cookie banner, that Squarespace offers doesn't comply with GDPR.

You're correct about needing the business plan to access code injection that you would need to run a third party cookie service. 

Have you read this from Squarespace on GDPR:
https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000851908?platform=v6&websiteId=5f42e9a25ddb5769afc1aedd

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

thanks for your answer and yes I've read that article.

As far as I get it, if I want to have a GDPR compliant website within the personal plan I can't use google analytics or any other third party services, that leave cookies. The banner solution that's offered by Squarespace takes care of cookies placed by Squarespace, so I can leave Squarespace analytics active.

If anyone knows of some way to run Squarespace personal plan websites with Google analytics and GDPR compiiance, I'd be really grateful. I can't quite believe, that this really isn't possible, if that should be the case, it's a major deal breaker!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there, I have the same problem with my website.  Someone solved the problem about personalizing cookie banner in personal plan? I cannot meet the minimum law requirement here in italy with the cookie banner offered withe personal plan.