Use javascript to send emails to my clients who have inputted their email address on my website.

Go to solution Solved by pjmsr,

Site URL: http://philipmarksart.com

I am trying to use javascript to dynamically send emails to my customers who have inputted their email and then hit a button. The button can be a submit button for a form or just a button. My domain "philipmarksart.com" is managed by squarespace, and i have a custom gmail email "philip@philipmarksart.com" which I have connected to squarespace. I have submitted forms which send appropriate emails to this email address when i hit a submit button. I have also used third party products and have sent emails to multiple email addresses but the emails have to be set up previously and cannot be dynamically changed. So far, I've used javascript successfully to implement a lot of custom handling on this website. From what i have discerned  by web research, I believe i need to modify my squarespace and/or google DNS settings and hook up with an smtp server to accomplish this task. Google workspace provides a free smtp server which I hope i will be able to use for this purpose (although I would use other smtp servers if necessary). What i need help with is how to set up my dns records to accomplish this. Unfortunately i don't have any experience on what to add or remove from my dns table. I would appreciate any help i can get  with respect to this issue. I have attached screen shots of my squarespace dns information. I would think that this capability would be useful to a lot of squarespace users. Thanks -- pjmsr.

DNSTable.png

dnsNameservers.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, pjmsr said:

Site URL: http://philipmarksart.com

I am trying to use javascript to dynamically send emails to my customers who have inputted their email and then hit a button. The button can be a submit button for a form or just a button. My domain "philipmarksart.com" is managed by squarespace, and i have a custom gmail email "philip@philipmarksart.com" which I have connected to squarespace. I have submitted forms which send appropriate emails to this email address when i hit a submit button. I have also used third party products and have sent emails to multiple email addresses but the emails have to be set up previously and cannot be dynamically changed. So far, I've used javascript successfully to implement a lot of custom handling on this website. From what i have discerned  by web research, I believe i need to modify my squarespace and/or google DNS settings and hook up with an smtp server to accomplish this task. Google workspace provides a free smtp server which I hope i will be able to use for this purpose (although I would use other smtp servers if necessary). What i need help with is how to set up my dns records to accomplish this. Unfortunately i don't have any experience on what to add or remove from my dns table. I would appreciate any help i can get  with respect to this issue. I have attached screen shots of my squarespace dns information. I would think that this capability would be useful to a lot of squarespace users. Thanks -- pjmsr.

DNSTable.png

dnsNameservers.png

Have you tried using the Email Campaigns yet? we can have a sample to send the automation email to customers when clients subscribes your site.

Reference: 

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox - Lightbox captions only mode)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 No-code customisations for Squarespace
🚀 Learn how to rank new pages on Google in 48 hours!

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 7 months later...
  • Solution

The solution which I have come up with is to integrate with third party products "zapier" and "airtable" to format and send emails to my customers when they submit a form from my squarespace 7.0 website. On my website,  my "contact" page now has text fields, radio button fields, and an artwork image, none of which are part of the form. The page also has a single form consisting only of input text fields, an email-field, a name-field, an address-field. and couple text area fields. Half of the form fields I have chosen to completely hide using javascript.  When a customer edits one of the non-form fields, I use javascript to place the results in corresponding hidden fields on my form. When my customer hits the submit button, all of the form fields are sent through "Zapier" to "Airtable" to create a new airtable record. When airtable senses that a new record has been created it sends a confirmation email to the customer's email address, and also an email to my website email address. The emails contain all the information from my website contact page,  and also display customer-selected artwork images created by referencing images stored on my website. Image URLs are passed to the emails through hidden text fields. The look, feel, and mechanics work great. The last thing I have to do is to create a way to save, access, display, and be able to easily change, the size and price information for artwork masters and prints. There are still some things I am working out to do that for which I have opened a new issue. Thanks for your interest and help.