Use javascript to send emails to my clients who have inputted their email address on my website.

Site URL: http://philipmarksart.com

I am trying to use javascript to dynamically send emails to my customers who have inputted their email and then hit a button. The button can be a submit button for a form or just a button. My domain "philipmarksart.com" is managed by squarespace, and i have a custom gmail email "philip@philipmarksart.com" which I have connected to squarespace. I have submitted forms which send appropriate emails to this email address when i hit a submit button. I have also used third party products and have sent emails to multiple email addresses but the emails have to be set up previously and cannot be dynamically changed. So far, I've used javascript successfully to implement a lot of custom handling on this website. From what i have discerned  by web research, I believe i need to modify my squarespace and/or google DNS settings and hook up with an smtp server to accomplish this task. Google workspace provides a free smtp server which I hope i will be able to use for this purpose (although I would use other smtp servers if necessary). What i need help with is how to set up my dns records to accomplish this. Unfortunately i don't have any experience on what to add or remove from my dns table. I would appreciate any help i can get  with respect to this issue. I have attached screen shots of my squarespace dns information. I would think that this capability would be useful to a lot of squarespace users. Thanks -- pjmsr.

DNSTable.png

dnsNameservers.png

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, pjmsr said:

Site URL: http://philipmarksart.com

I am trying to use javascript to dynamically send emails to my customers who have inputted their email and then hit a button. The button can be a submit button for a form or just a button. My domain "philipmarksart.com" is managed by squarespace, and i have a custom gmail email "philip@philipmarksart.com" which I have connected to squarespace. I have submitted forms which send appropriate emails to this email address when i hit a submit button. I have also used third party products and have sent emails to multiple email addresses but the emails have to be set up previously and cannot be dynamically changed. So far, I've used javascript successfully to implement a lot of custom handling on this website. From what i have discerned  by web research, I believe i need to modify my squarespace and/or google DNS settings and hook up with an smtp server to accomplish this task. Google workspace provides a free smtp server which I hope i will be able to use for this purpose (although I would use other smtp servers if necessary). What i need help with is how to set up my dns records to accomplish this. Unfortunately i don't have any experience on what to add or remove from my dns table. I would appreciate any help i can get  with respect to this issue. I have attached screen shots of my squarespace dns information. I would think that this capability would be useful to a lot of squarespace users. Thanks -- pjmsr.

DNSTable.png

dnsNameservers.png

Have you tried using the Email Campaigns yet? we can have a sample to send the automation email to customers when clients subscribes your site.

Reference: 

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you