Making two separate versions of my website for computer and phone

Site URL: http://www.alexcrawfo.com

I like the mobile version of my website but I don't like the computer version of my website.

Is there a way to apply code to only the mobile version of my website and not the computer version? I don't want to sacrifice one for the other if possible. On the computer version I want my pages to have the carousel template underneath the slide show and on the mobile version to have the stacked template (current template).

Thanks!

Edited by alexcrawfo
more concise
  • Replies 9
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, alexcrawfo said:

HI Tuan!

I want to make them different not the same!

On the computer version I want my pages to have the carousel template underneath the slide show and on the mobile version to have the stacked template (current template).

Thanks for your help!

Do you use Personal or Business Plan?

If Business Plan, you can create a new page for mobile, then we can give code to redirect mobile users to new page

If Personal Plan, let me know, I will check it again

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 8 months later...

Hey is there a solution for it? I have the same issue and would like to create 2 Versions of some sites of my website instead of using 1 site for mobile and desktop. I have a business plan. Can you tell me how the code needs to look like so mobile people get directed to the mobile site? Thank you!

To redirect one page to new page on mobile, add this code to Page Header. If you have 7 pages, you need to add code to Page Header of 7 pages

<script type="text/javascript">
if (screen.width <= 767) {
document.location = "https://google.com";
}
</script>

Replace google with new mobile page url

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...

Hi Taun, 

Where do we past the above code exactly? Where do we find the Page Header? I see the Custom CSS section for the entire site and the Pages, Settings, Advanced code box but I'm not sure where the Page Header code section is. 

Thanks  you,

Mame 

3 minutes ago, mames said:

Hi Taun, 

Where do we past the above code exactly? Where do we find the Page Header? I see the Custom CSS section for the entire site and the Pages, Settings, Advanced code box but I'm not sure where the Page Header code section is. 

Thanks  you,

Mame 

Hover on Page Name on Main Navigation or Not Linked > You will see a gear icon > Click on it > Click Advanced > Page Header is on right box (Page Header Code Injection)

page-header1-min.png

Or send to forum message

• 6 months later...

what did you mean by 

On 5/16/2023 at 1:59 AM, tuanphan said:

If you have 7 pages, you need to add code to Page Header of 7 pages

I have different pages that i want different on desktop/mobile so i planned to make a version of each page for each type. then put your code into the version that is linked to elsewhere in my site and that will direct it to the mobile version of that page correct?

On 2/2/2024 at 3:00 AM, JHF said:

what did you mean by 

I have different pages that i want different on desktop/mobile so i planned to make a version of each page for each type. then put your code into the version that is linked to elsewhere in my site and that will direct it to the mobile version of that page correct?

Yes. 

Or send to forum message