Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How many words on home page is now recommended?

Hey,

How many words do you typically recommend on a home page to SEO optimization? I typically like to have less than most recommend because I think people have short attention spans and wordy sites tend to make people X out. Quality over quantity. But a copywriter recently asked me how many I want for a site we're collabing on. IYO, what is best for SEO and ranking but also won't make people's eyes gloss over.

If you're counting words on a page for SEO, you're not really in the right mindset. Google's algorithm is ran by AI. Yes, back in the day when you could just keyword stuffed "shoes" a bunch of times for a shoe e-commerce store... you could get away with it and game it a bit... but these days are long gone.

What you should worry about:

Making your page better than all of the pages that currently rank on Google's 1st page.

Why does your site deserve to rank over them? Because you stuffed your topic a bunch of times? That's silly.

Make amazing and useful content and build relevant/high-quality backlinks from reputable sources and you'll do well.