Do not like how the background image of this textblock is much larger on desktop due to responsive design.

Site URL: https://www.bmessinamyportfolio.com/

Hello, and thank you for reading! I just switched over to Squarespace from another more simple site builder for my portfolio. I did this because I wanted to use custom animations and things the other provider would not allow. That being said, I am only weeks old to coding- and have very limited understanding. I've used code injections to spice things up here and there, but this particular issue evades fixing. I created my portfolio on a macbook. Everything looked great, mobile had a few issues in here and there with layout resizing I could live with- but I thought I was finished. I published everything, and had someone check it out. They have a large desktop computer. As soon as I saw them go to the landing page, everything was resized terribly. The background pic behind the text is enormous, and all the text looks much smaller. Notice how the landing page looks more cohesive and purposeful than the larger desktop form in the examples.  I am not a fan of this resizing, does anyone have a fix? 

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 4.29.46 PM.png

Bris website.PNG

• Replies 2
  • Views 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@tuanphan Yes that would be amazing! I used this block in custom CSS but I find it only solves part of the problem, it helps but is not optimal. What do you think? 

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
[data-section-id="6140e11936382c6ed9594leb"] + section {
    min-height: 500vh !important;
}