Click-to-reveal image / hide spoilers feature

Site URL: https://www.harvieillustration.com/surreal

I'm trying to hide only certain images in my gallery with a blurred filter, and the option to unblur the image by clicking on it. Once it's revealed, it can stay that way. Something a lot like this image I mocked up here:

image.png.7efe377e0fd7d7b0d53f5236da9b2efc.png

This post here seems to have found a solution, but when I add this code to my site and add the relevant tags to the images, it seems to do nothing:

I have about 12 images scattered in various sections of my website I'd like to do this with, and if it's possible to make the above code work, that would be great, as it would be easy for me to modify it.

I'm using the Wells template.

Edited by FrH
  • Replies 2
  • Views 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FrH said:

Site URL: https://www.harvieillustration.com/surreal

I'm trying to hide only certain images in my gallery with a blurred filter, and the option to unblur the image by clicking on it. Once it's revealed, it can stay that way. Something a lot like this image I mocked up here:

image.png.7efe377e0fd7d7b0d53f5236da9b2efc.png

This post here seems to have found a solution, but when I add this code to my site and add the relevant tags to the images, it seems to do nothing:

I have about 12 images scattered in various sections of my website I'd like to do this with, and if it's possible to make the above code work, that would be great, as it would be easy for me to modify it.

I'm using the Wells template.

Hi, do you want image on specific gallery block blurry or specific images only?

image.thumb.png.8b1586278f27ef245a42a4bd853354e0.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

17 hours ago, bangank36 said:

Hi, do you want image on specific gallery block blurry or specific images only?

image.thumb.png.8b1586278f27ef245a42a4bd853354e0.png

Hello. Only specific images - not the whole gallery block, if possible. And to be able to click on them to reveal them as needed.
If there's a way to overlay text with instructions to click to reveal, as in my example image, that would make it clear to visitors