Adding a timer and/or redirect

Site URL: https://www.sandrarobinsonstudio.com/onetimeonly-d52cin15

Hi There! hoping someone might be able to help.

I'm trying to set up a Tripwire/one-time-only page. After someone signs up to my mailing list, they are directed to this page and a product which is at a lower price than usual.

Ideally, I'd love to add a countdown timer of 15 minutes to add urgency that when the timer ends, the page is redirected someplace else on my site.

I haven't been able to find this online (have found a bit of coding that can add in a countdown timer) but nothing about being able to redirect the viewer once the time has ended. 

Anyone have any ideas or know if/how this could be coded, or an extension that doesn't cost a fortune to add on? Or even any other workarounds?  At present I've just added in a unique discount code that's only visible on this page but I'd love to be able to add that urgency (and follow through) of timer and redirect.

Thanks in advance. 

There are certainly ways to do this, but not without some customized code/Javascript. You can also use a plugin like this one to create a timer and redirect function. Just install it on the page the viewer is redirected to after they signup for your newsletter and set the timer to redirect back to whatever page you want.

The issue you'll have with a solution like this, especially if it's a monetary tool for you, is that there isn't really anything stopping a viewer from returning to the page after the timer has expired. You would need to automatically scramble the URLs or create an access token that expires per user/per session. This type of system isn't really possible on Squarespace, if it is. It would need to be done by a professional developer.

Realistically though, I don't think someone would really take advantage of that workaround but it's just a thought perhaps something to consider in the future.

Hope this help!

-Dan