Adding a Logo to the Home Page Banner Video

• Replies 4
  • Views 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Susan, 

By Auto-Text do you mean the "Home" text on top? If so this should remove that and fix the logo Image:

[data-collection-id="5e909ca0ed1cf41f4de09f7b"] h1{
  opacity:0;
}

#collection-5e909ca0ed1cf41f4de09f7b .banner-overlay:after{
  background-size: contain !important;
}

That first list makes the "Home" text fully transparent, you could change the property-value to display:none; but that's going to reduce the size of your header.

That second piece of CSS is actually just overriding what you initially have in the Custom CSS area for the logo image. Ideally, you'd just replace the background-size value in what you already have from cover to contain then you wouldn't even need that second piece. 

Hope this helps!

Hey there, my name is Will and I help Squarespace designers and developers with my plugins, tutorials, and my Code Curious Membership

I would be happy to answer any questions you have about Javascript, CSS, or the meaning of life  - I'm an expert in 2 of these. 

Youtube | Website

Ahh, yes. The default for the background property is to repeat (to me this seems like a relic of Internet past). So we'll need to set the background-repeat property to no-repeat and let's also center that logo up with background-position.  Add these two into that :after pseudo-element:

#collection-5e909ca0ed1cf41f4de09f7b .banner-overlay:after {
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
  background-position: center; 
}

Hey there, my name is Will and I help Squarespace designers and developers with my plugins, tutorials, and my Code Curious Membership

I would be happy to answer any questions you have about Javascript, CSS, or the meaning of life  - I'm an expert in 2 of these. 

Youtube | Website

Archived