CSS subfolder Navigation inactive colors

Site URL: http://www.lplabranche.com

Hello everyone,

I am a big time rookie with css, but so far i've managed to do what I wanted in my navigation menu, except for one thing.

I have achieved to do active/hover color to grey on my main navigation. However the work section has a subfolder and when I am on other pages on my website and go hover the work section, the type appearing in the sub menu is white (what i aim for), but it is not the case when the any of the pages in work section is active. I would like to know how to add a css code which will allow me to have all sections white when it is not the active page. Basically I want that the hover color only shows the actual active page even if they are all regrouped in my main navigation.

Sorry for my english as well if it's not clear, english is my second language.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 3.58.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 3.58.29 PM.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/17/2020 at 3:54 AM, lplabranche said:

Site URL: http://www.lplabranche.com

Hello everyone,

I am a big time rookie with css, but so far i've managed to do what I wanted in my navigation menu, except for one thing.

I have achieved to do active/hover color to grey on my main navigation. However the work section has a subfolder and when I am on other pages on my website and go hover the work section, the type appearing in the sub menu is white (what i aim for), but it is not the case when the any of the pages in work section is active. I would like to know how to add a css code which will allow me to have all sections white when it is not the active page. Basically I want that the hover color only shows the actual active page even if they are all regrouped in my main navigation.

Sorry for my english as well if it's not clear, english is my second language.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 3.58.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 3.58.29 PM.png

This cant be done with css only ,it require javascript to know which is the current page

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived