Art blog, would love some feedback! :)

• Replies 6
  • Views 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Some pages on mobile have very long content. You can consider adding a back to top button.

2. (Tablet) Footer seems big. Do you want to reduce top/bottom padding?

3. (Tablet) Nav has 3 items only. Do you want to force Desktop Nav on Tablet?

4. (Tablet) Google captcha in Footer seems ugly...

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Thanks for the feedback!

1. Will try and follow the guide on how to add a back to top button

2. Will see if I can reduce the padding 

3. Yes, I think I’ll keep that as it is 

4. Captcha is not as aesthetically pleasing but more user friendly, as subscribers were having trouble confirming their subscription via email

thanks again! 🙂 

First of all, I really like your artwork! 
On a laptop it looks really good overall. My only comment would be about the color choice for the home page. It depends on what you are aiming for. If the aim is to make it seem more unified, to draw the attention to the page itself, then I think the pink works. But if you want people to focus more on the images and the individual articles, I would pick a more muted color. When the images are larger, as they are when you click through to the page, the bold colors really work though! 
if you've got a minute I'd love some feedback as well, particularly on my new shop: http://www.claralang-ezekiel.com/new-products
Cheers! 
Clara

Congratulations @Addy!

You've taken a great first step!

Couple of "hot takes:"

You've got your insta (only) linked in header AND footer. If you had more links, it might look helpful, but just them looks lonely. Maybe add the insta to the Main Nav?

Pink is a lovely and festive background color... but it distracts from your reviews' artworks. Artsy has white (or near white) for a reason. You can choose a barely-perceptible grey as your site background so that the highest highlights in your thumbnails pop (#F3F3F3, for example). Use your well-informed use of color elsewhere to make your brand stand out - think T-Mobile's fuschia vs Vodafone's red. You can use that pink (or any other color based on season/year - think ArtForum), to look contemporary.

And last note: since your readers are probably like you - smart and on the move - keeping the blog landing page to a single column might streamline their experiences whether they're on desktop, laptop or mobile.

Good luck!

With ❤️, from Andrew @ SQSDesign
Need help building and maintaining your website?

That's all we do: custom blocks, fully-styled templates, product management, POD fulfillment, and more.
Reach out anytime, 24/7/365: 
📱
(628) SQS-DSGN • ✉️ Email • 👀 Instagram • 🚀 RocketSurgery Blog •  🔲 @SQSDesign

• 3 weeks later...

I would remove all colour and background patterns as it takes away from the work.  Every art gallery in the world uses white walls (very occasionally black for backlit work) for good reason so the viewer is totally absorbed by the work.  The pink is unnecessary as your your personality and taste comes through i the ork as it should.  White or black would be best.  I make websites for artists and all my sites only use black and white.  The only colour comes from the work - https://artisanagency.co.uk/

If you must use background images use an opacity filter white text with a (black overlay is best).  I didn't even see the navigation first time around.

Archived