New podcast website - Welcoming all feedback

Site URL: http://www.takebackyourcareerpodcast.com

Hi all,

I am launching an all-new podcast in the coming weeks. I've been helped with plenty of custom CSS from members of this community and now I'd like to get general feedback on the site before it launches. If you see a design issue or have any other general thoughts or opinions please do not hesitate to share. I am open to all feedback.

Thank you very much!
Adam

password: boots135

Note: on mobile the header or hero image and background behind "listen on" buttons have a colored box around them which is to be removed once I update the file.

• Replies 6
  • Views 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the graphics and the layout! The colors are nice as well. 

I don't like how these two sentences look. I think it would be nicer if they were each on a single line, rather than "help" and "you" on the next line. I don't know if you were going for that, because of the words, "help you," and you're helping people, if so - cute; but I don't find it visually pleasing. Just makes the page looks distracting and unnecessarily busy, IMO. 

1890153783_ScreenShot2020-11-12at10_04_10PM.thumb.png.1212605df1cb9815025dfaed4cca2dd0.png

I also looked at the mobile version and it looks really nice! You did a really great job! 

- Kim

9 hours ago, -kg said:

I like the graphics and the layout! The colors are nice as well. 

I don't like how these two sentences look. I think it would be nicer if they were each on a single line, rather than "help" and "you" on the next line. I don't know if you were going for that, because of the words, "help you," and you're helping people, if so - cute; but I don't find it visually pleasing. Just makes the page looks distracting and unnecessarily busy, IMO. 

1890153783_ScreenShot2020-11-12at10_04_10PM.thumb.png.1212605df1cb9815025dfaed4cca2dd0.png

I also looked at the mobile version and it looks really nice! You did a really great job! 

- Kim

Thanks, Kim! I appreciate the feedback. It was definitely not intentional. I'll get some wrap in to make sure it stays on one line. Thank you for the kind comments!

40 minutes ago, Feldborg said:

I really like this! I love the colors you've chosen and the overall look of the website. Smooth, simple and pleasing to look at.

Good job 🙂

Thank you, Feldborg!

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great. I like the podcast player you chose and it's easy to interact with. Overall the site isn't confusing, overwhelming, and is just pleasant.

One thing you may want to add in the future is a Blog and have a post for each episode. This can help with SEO or if you have a particular guest you can point people to a specific Blog post. Other than that this looks great.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:11 PM, wgainer2 said:

This looks great. I like the podcast player you chose and it's easy to interact with. Overall the site isn't confusing, overwhelming, and is just pleasant.

One thing you may want to add in the future is a Blog and have a post for each episode. This can help with SEO or if you have a particular guest you can point people to a specific Blog post. Other than that this looks great.

Great point! I had stripped out the individual episodes but think adding it back in makes sense for the reasons you mentioned. Thank you very much for your other thoughts. I appreciate it very much!

Archived