New Website/Community: Free & Member Only Sections

Hi all,

I'm looking to create a new website using Squarespace and have had a decent play around with the trial as well as looked into Memberspace (and alternatives). Here's the background of what I'm trying to create. It will be similar to Value Investors Club in terms of functionality but have its own 'twist' on things.

The investment research content on the website will be generated by the public. The website is simply a platform for the publication of the user-generated research posts.. They will submit their latest piece of research and it will be approved by the site admins. If it is approved, then that user gets access to the private section of the website (where other approved users are also).

Now I still want the public to be able to read investment research but it should be 30 days delayed. So that the approved users who have submitted the research get first look at new posts.

From what I've gathered, it should be pretty easy to segregate the 'public area' with the 'private area' using something like Memberspace. However, I think I have an issue that people need to sign up to the website to actually submit a post in the first place (before their post is even approved).

The approval process will be strict so I don't believe volume of posts will be high. Automation isn't necassary. 

Is it possible to make it so:

1) the general public can read 30-day old posts (even if it means I have to manually move or create new pages, then that's fine).

2) if a new user wants to submit a post then they're prompted to create an account first (this won't give them access to the below 'private area' though). This simply just means that posts are 'assigned' to that particular username and people can click on their username to see what else they've posted. I don't know how to make it so Squarespace prompts the user to create an account before being allowed to submit a post. e.g. once they've logged in then they shouldn't see the 'sign-up/login' page again (unless of course they've logged out).

3) create a private area where approved users can read content before the 'public area' users can.

The access to the 'private area' will be free.

Thank you

• Replies 0
  • Views 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived