Subscriptions not portable from 7.0 to 7.1

Site URL: https://www.200f2.ca

Just found this out. Subscriptions on 7.0 are not portable to 7.1. 

Once your new site on 7.1 is ready to launch, you must (1) buy a new subscription on 7.1, annually, of course, to get the discount, (2) redirect your domains, etc, from your 7.0 site, (3) cancel your subscription on your 7.0 account, (4) delete your old 7.0 site, and then (5) request a refund, since at step (3) you were told no refund would be provided for cancelled subscriptions. 

I've been a SquareSpace user for 3 years or so and have multiple sites with them. Just went through this process. I laughed when they first told me this process. When Customer Service ghosted me on the open case after I completed step (4) , I didn't find myself laughing as much. 

engineer, photographer, business leader

• Replies 2
  • Views 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is the most annoying thing. as a small business owner, having people subscribe to products is hard enough already... and if i want to switch my site to 7.1 i have to cancel all of them and ask them to sign up again?? 

GET IT TOGETHER squarespace!!!!! 

• 4 months later...

To say this is an oversight is by Squarespace is quite the understatement. Not having a mechanism in place, by now to move a site from an older version ( a single point release none-the-less!) to the current version is beyond frustrating. I moved to Squarespace from custom Wordpress , ExpressionEngine, CraftCMS development and the like to avoid this kind of stuff. I feel like I just finished my current site and now, in order for me to take advantage of the latest and greatest Squarespace has to offer, I will need to spend several days rebuilding it all over again? That's ridiculous.

Archived