Changing all built-in text Marta template

Hi

Before I commit to Squarespace for e-commerce I need to know if it's possible to change all built-in bits of text so that they reflect the multilingual nature of the site/business. I will not be taking the separate parts/sites for different languages approach (with language banners, duplicate pages and the like), but instead want all the pages to be bilingual Portuguese/English from scratch. So far, it's working well on all that's editable (it's quite easy), but the built in bits either show up in inadequate Portuguese or just plain old English. Is there a way to get into all the code and just change the text bits bit by bit? I'm a zero with coding, BTW. In the example below, for instance, I wanted to change "Todos" to "tudo/all". It's easy to find the block in the Inspector and temporarily change it there, but don't know where to go to change it permanently along with all other built-in bits of text:

<a class="ProductList-filter-list-item-link" href="/loja" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1584398452306_4637">Todos</a>

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Views 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, thanks. This is still a trial account, although I already have another website with Squarespace. What I need to know is whether this is possible and where would I need to change the code, if it's in Developer Mode or somewhere else. Because this is just changing the text between >< without altering the actually code, I think I should be able to do it myself if someone can point me to where to do it and how. Cheers!

To change "Todos" text, add this code to Home > Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
jQuery(function($){
    $(".ProductList-filter-list-item-link").html(function() { 
          return $(this).html().replace("Todos", "tuan phan");  
    });
});
</script>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived