Frustrated with formatting and list options for email campaigns

Site URL: https://paulshambroom.com

I'm a new user on Squarespace and about start a periodic email newsletter for my fine-art photography and books. I had to choose between Mailchimp and Squarespace and went with the latter because I thought it would be simpler to integrate because my site is on Squarespace. My designer did a little coding on the site but it was basically done with basic template. Now I'm trying to compose may first email blast and I'm kind of shocked at the lack of options for basic things like sizing text and images. Even things like designating test blocks as subheadings. Short of learning how to modify these with code (don;t want to go there), does anyone have advice or thoughts on this? Do we think Squarespace is working on improving these capabilities?

I'm also quite surprised by the lack of sophistication available in email list management- no sorting by date joined or name, no reassigning to other lists, etc.

Thanks for listening.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm researching email marketing services. Your comment and question concerns me. I was wondering if email templates could be imported into Email Campaigns. Based on your comments. My guess is no. Other email marketing services seem to be so expensive to me. I was leaning toward Email Campaigns because of its lower price, but if it won't do what I need it to do, it would be money and time wasted.

I hope someone will respond to your questions soon.

Archived