Adding an external .HTML page

Hey everyone!

I didn't have luck finding another thread about this topic.

I've created a Twine project that I would like to host and link to on my SquareSpace site. Effectively it's a standalone .HTML file/page, nothing fancy. However I'm struggling to figure out how to simply add this as a page to my site and link to it from another page on my site. I tried uploading it through the media upload and clicking the link prompts a download instead of opening it as a web page.

Has anyone tried to do the same? How did you figure it out? What would you recommend?

Thank you in advance.

• 5 months later...
On 5/8/2020 at 11:01 PM, SebastienRoux said:

Hey Brosencephalon,

I have the same question than you and I am still looking for an answer... Did you find a solution to fix this issue ?

Here is my contact : sebastien.roux07@gmail.com

Regards.

You can copy all HTML/CSS/JS code in HTML file and paste to Code Block in SS site

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

4 hours ago, risatree said:

I tried to paste my Twine into a Code Block, but it hit the character limit for the block. So this solution doesn't work for me. Would love to know if anyone has any other ideas...?

Can you post all code here?

My idea is

• If CSS, you can create css file, upload to your site, and declare with <link rel
  • If JavaScript, do similar with <script src=
  • With HTML, paste to Code Block
Edited by tuanphan

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm having the same issue trying to add a twine into a code block on a page.

I've tried an iframe, and a regular code block, but neither work. 

iframe loses all functionality of the twine:

<div><iframe id="my_iframe" width="100%" height="400px" src="http://liquidblackness.com/twine/empyre.html" scrolling="no"</iframe></div>

Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's the last big challenge before we can go live.

Edited by gabylon
remove code for privacy
1 hour ago, gabylon said:

Hi, I'm having the same issue trying to add a twine into a code block on a page.

I've tried an iframe, and a regular code block, but neither work. 

iframe loses all functionality of the twine:

<div><iframe id="my_iframe" width="100%" height="400px" src="http://liquidblackness.com/twine/empyre.html" scrolling="no"</iframe></div>

Any help would be greatly appreciated! It's the last big challenge before we can go live.

replace http with https

Or send to forum message

8 minutes ago, gabylon said:

Thanks for helping, Tuan! 

I did add the s, but it doesn't improve the functionality of the twine and its threading.

So it just does this with no ability to move past it:

try this

<iframe id="my_iframe" width="100%" height="400px" src="https://liquidblackness.com/twine/empyre.html" scrolling="no"></iframe>

If it still doesn't work, can you share link to page where you inserted code?

Or send to forum message

• 10 months later...
On 5/14/2020 at 4:40 PM, tuanphan said:

Can you post all code here?

My idea is

• If CSS, you can create css file, upload to your site, and declare with <link rel
  • If JavaScript, do similar with <script src=
  • With HTML, paste to Code Block

This worked, oh my goodness!!!! I am so happy, thank you so much. For anyone else who reads this, what you have to do is:

1. Make sure you have the file that you're trying to upload ready and finalized, because you'll have to re-do all these steps every time you update it
  2. Open the "Create New Page" menu in the "Pages" section of the Squarespace editor. Scroll down to the "Other" section, and selected the "Link" option
  3. Don't type anything yet, but click right on the gear icon
  4. On the left, click on "File" 
  5. Scroll down, click "Upload File" and select your file, (after uploading, make sure you actually select the file to link it, if it's selected you'll see a checkmark beside it) then click "Close"
  6. Remember or ctrl+c the link, which should be along the lines of "/s/filename.css" or "/s/filename.html" or "/s/filename.js" etc.
  7. You actually don't need to save at this point since the file has already been uploaded to your website, so now you can just exit out without saving your changes
  8. Open/Create the page where you want to use your file
  9. Open/Create the code block that you want to apply your file to
  10. If you're uploading a style sheet, then between the <head> tags, paste this: 
    • <link rel="stylesheet" href="/s/filename.css" type="text/css">

Notice that the href will be the same link that you noted in step 6. So, replace it with whatever your link own is.

Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your code block will now be able to reference your external style sheet!!!!

If you're uploading Javascript or html, for step 10 I assume you hopefully already know how to reference your file on your own.

Edited by Elzburg
typo, clarity

Super mega ultra-rookie web developer.

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 12:40 AM, welvynzporter said:

@Elzburg. I'm following your steps. Uploaded my .html and linked it. Then copied the link and tried to paste it into a code block with your following example.... and nothing. Not sure what I'm missing.

Pretty much getting lost at step 8.

Hi,

Do you still need help on this?

Or send to forum message