Custom Widget code works ok on Chrome, but not displaying correctly on Safari

Hi all,

I've had some help with this code before, but I've added a code widget with the below code.  This displays ok (not great but ok) with Chrome, but with Safari the Drop down lists for the dates Check in and check out don't display.  Sometimes widget hasn't shown at all.  Does anyone have any insight as to why?

<div id="search-widget_IO312PWQ"><script>!function(e,t,a,n,c,r){function s(t){e.console.log("[Guesty Embedded Widget]:",t)}var i,d,l,o,y,m,g,h,p,u;n&&(i=n,d=t.getElementsByTagName("head")[0],(l=t.createElement("link")).rel="stylesheet",l.type="text/css",l.href=i,l.media="all",d.appendChild(l)),o=function(){try{e[a].create(r).catch(function(e){s(e.message)})}catch(e){s(e.message)}},h=!1,y=c,m=function(){h||this.readyState&&"complete"!=this.readyState||(h=!0,o())},(g=t.createElement("script")).type="text/javascript",g.src=y,g.async="true",g.onload=g.onreadystatechange=m,p=g,(u=t.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]).parentNode.insertBefore(p,u)}(window,document,"GuestySearchBarWidget","https://s3.amazonaws.com/guesty-frontend-production/search-bar-production.css","https://s3.amazonaws.com/guesty-frontend-production/search-bar-production.js",{"siteUrl":"airpeaceofmind.guestybookings.com","color": "#ed87c6"});</script></div>

the website in question is currently apom.squarespace.com password test

Many thanks

• Replies 3
  • Views 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again

It appears the custom CSS (needed to make the code render properly) is conflicting with the custom code injection.

I've been advised to create a blank HTML page to put the custom code then add a link to it from an embedded URL.

However, try as I might - I can't see how I can add a blank HTML page.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Archived