• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
MarchHouse

Custom Widget code works ok on Chrome, but not displaying correctly on Safari

Question

Hi all,

I've had some help with this code before, but I've added a code widget with the below code.  This displays ok (not great but ok) with Chrome, but with Safari the Drop down lists for the dates Check in and check out don't display.  Sometimes widget hasn't shown at all.  Does anyone have any insight as to why?

<div id="search-widget_IO312PWQ"><script>!function(e,t,a,n,c,r){function s(t){e.console.log("[Guesty Embedded Widget]:",t)}var i,d,l,o,y,m,g,h,p,u;n&&(i=n,d=t.getElementsByTagName("head")[0],(l=t.createElement("link")).rel="stylesheet",l.type="text/css",l.href=i,l.media="all",d.appendChild(l)),o=function(){try{e[a].create(r).catch(function(e){s(e.message)})}catch(e){s(e.message)}},h=!1,y=c,m=function(){h||this.readyState&&"complete"!=this.readyState||(h=!0,o())},(g=t.createElement("script")).type="text/javascript",g.src=y,g.async="true",g.onload=g.onreadystatechange=m,p=g,(u=t.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]).parentNode.insertBefore(p,u)}(window,document,"GuestySearchBarWidget","https://s3.amazonaws.com/guesty-frontend-production/search-bar-production.css","https://s3.amazonaws.com/guesty-frontend-production/search-bar-production.js",{"siteUrl":"airpeaceofmind.guestybookings.com","color": "#ed87c6"});</script></div>

the website in question is currently apom.squarespace.com password test

Many thanks

3 answers to this question

On 11/9/2019 at 12:58 AM, tuanphan said:

Can you share link to your site?

apom.squarespace.com password test 

Any help would be wonderful

Edited by MarchHouse

Hi again

It appears the custom CSS (needed to make the code render properly) is conflicting with the custom code injection.

I've been advised to create a blank HTML page to put the custom code then add a link to it from an embedded URL.

However, try as I might - I can't see how I can add a blank HTML page.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks