7.1 Full Bleed Slideshows

On 6/2/2020 at 4:32 PM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.homepage .header-announcement-bar-wrapper {
    background: transparent !important;
    position: absolute !important;
}

tuanphan, I did have a question about this: this code worked perfectly for getting the slideshow under the header. However, when you scroll down the page, the header doesn't gain the background color like it does on other pages on my site. Is there any way to fix that? jenterpstra.com is my website. You can see the difference of how the header looks on scroll on the home page vs the blog page, for example.

8 hours ago, JenTerpstra said:

tuanphan, I did have a question about this: this code worked perfectly for getting the slideshow under the header. However, when you scroll down the page, the header doesn't gain the background color like it does on other pages on my site. Is there any way to fix that? jenterpstra.com is my website. You can see the difference of how the header looks on scroll on the home page vs the blog page, for example.

You mean

You want, on homepage, when scroll, header will change to black background, same as blog header?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 10/13/2021 at 12:15 PM, Jules_Designsthings said:

hello, i am also interested in this answer! I have solved the transparent header but would like the colour back when you scroll & settle down the page. thank you! 

Can you share site url?

Or send to forum message

On 10/13/2021 at 12:15 PM, Jules_Designsthings said:

hello, i am also interested in this answer! I have solved the transparent header but would like the colour back when you scroll & settle down the page. thank you! 

Add to Design > Custom CSS

header#header.shrink {
    background-color: black !important;
}

Or send to forum message

On 10/20/2021 at 10:53 PM, JenTerpstra said:

Yes, I would like the color to become solid upon scroll. I tried the code you suggested for Jules and it did not fix the home page. I've left the code there for now in case you want to check it again. jenterpstra.com

header#header.shrink {
    background-color: black !important;
}

What is your site url?

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...

@tuanphan Can you help me out with this problem? I'd like to have a slideshow that has full bleed under the header/navigation bar. I've used this code so far:

}

But it cancels out the 'Fixed Position' 'Scroll Back' feature. I'd like it so that when you scroll further down then page and scroll back up the header pops up again. Can you help?

https://www.benjiantonio.com

Pw: 1234

Edited by BenjiA
On 12/29/2021 at 6:35 PM, BenjiA said:

@tuanphan Can you help me out with this problem? I'd like to have a slideshow that has full bleed under the header/navigation bar. I've used this code so far:

}

But it cancels out the 'Fixed Position' 'Scroll Back' feature. I'd like it so that when you scroll further down then page and scroll back up the header pops up again. Can you help?

https://www.benjiantonio.com

Pw: 1234

Anwered your mail. You can check again.

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 10:16 PM, rbakerco said:

@tuanphan I'm having the same issue with losing the scroll-back feature after implementing the slideshow behind the header. Is there additional code I can use to counter this? 

Hi. What is your site url?

Or send to forum message

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 8:50 PM, tuanphan said:

I tested & It works here. Can you add & keep the code? We can check again easier

Hello again!

I am revisiting this, would it be ok if you could look into my code for me please, for the colour of the header to scroll back when you move down the page and rest? I have made a trial site to check it: 

mango-dolphin-bcgx.squarespace.com

password: help 

thank you so much! 🙂 

5 hours ago, Jules_Designsthings said:

Hello again!

I am revisiting this, would it be ok if you could look into my code for me please, for the colour of the header to scroll back when you move down the page and rest? I have made a trial site to check it: 

mango-dolphin-bcgx.squarespace.com

password: help 

thank you so much! 🙂 

Can you enable Fixed Header when edit Site Header? You need to enable it to make class name ".shrink" appear

Or send to forum message

On 3/31/2022 at 4:04 PM, Jules_Designsthings said:

hello!
I think it was already enabled - if the below is what you mean? thank you!

1788040368_ScreenShot2022-03-31at8_03_46pm.png.79e973effc545a8dd84d8b6aa085b209.png

Use this new code

header#header.shrink .header-announcement-bar-wrapper {
    background-color: #e0a456 !important;
}

Or send to forum message

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @tuanphan no, I was talking about how when you scroll down the menu bar doesn't disappear and then reappear when you scroll back up like it should. Honestly for just this one page it has grown on me so I'm fine with leaving it. 

I am however wanting to remove the blank space next to the one of my shop pages. I didn't know that all the shop setting were linked when I made another. The problem is when I change the categories to be viewed at the top and not on the side, this space goes away. The catch is that it then changes my other shop on my site and I really need that one to be keep it's categories on the side. 

This is the page https://www.localyokelstrading.com/spitfire and I need the "Learn more & Shop now!" section to be centered and not have the blank categories area on the left. 

Thanks so much for your help and time!  

On 4/20/2023 at 11:48 PM, LocalYokels said:

Hi @tuanphan no, I was talking about how when you scroll down the menu bar doesn't disappear and then reappear when you scroll back up like it should. Honestly for just this one page it has grown on me so I'm fine with leaving it. 

I am however wanting to remove the blank space next to the one of my shop pages. I didn't know that all the shop setting were linked when I made another. The problem is when I change the categories to be viewed at the top and not on the side, this space goes away. The catch is that it then changes my other shop on my site and I really need that one to be keep it's categories on the side. 

This is the page https://www.localyokelstrading.com/spitfire and I need the "Learn more & Shop now!" section to be centered and not have the blank categories area on the left. 

Thanks so much for your help and time!  

I see you figured it out?

Or send to forum message