Lots of console errors from the SP editor on MacOSX Safari

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I can't upload an image here, here are the console errors when it loads our website:

[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (error-reporter-2b48b464c8526650865ad-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (config-vendors-78dea0d06bd01c4e6cbe1-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (config-website-bc06e2e20b595ea14260b-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (performance-5ca716cdaedcb012a4440-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (async-apps-coverpageconfig-brandingtext~async-apps-coverpageconfig-root~async-commerce-checkoutsetti~35ea264d-d8541b58d7e668edee492-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (async-apps-coverpageconfig-root~async-root~async-settings-domains-overview-19da038153d3c120b8720-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (async-apps-coverpageconfig-root~async-root~async-settings-permissions-c1d7b729396f5a41966e2-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (async-root-c3e6d425664130ce3637f-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (async-app-notifications-0301d74184ba339051681-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (async-content-browser-7072dfbc145b1510dde1e-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (common-29066c6f55108e2750abd-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (polyfills-23e25704c5a8e3297ab0a-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (vendors~async-content-browser-album-settings~async-content-browser-blog-settings~async-content-brows~78f65fd0-11fa7aa6021043a3618e2-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (vendors~async-popupoverlay-actionslice~async-settings-advanced-injection~async-settings-advanced-url~f9d83f44-d8bffbaf38846e561d6a8-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (vendors~async-content-browser-album-settings~async-content-browser-blog-settings~async-content-brows~4da00c9c-dd18ff70455cbf2823ee9-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (vendors~async-apps-coverpageconfig-socialicons~async-design-announcementbar~async-design-browser-ico~48de1117-edb99802ca237c1b6fad1-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Failed to load resource: A server with the specified hostname could not be found. (yui-for-config-website-manifest-23352248dc35f98f802f3-min.en-US.js.map, line 0)[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: AbortError: The operation was aborted. (anonymous function) rejectPromise[Error] Trying to call enumerateDevices from a frame without correct 'allow' attribute. (anonymous function) (Anonymous Script 1 (line 1)) cu (Anonymous Script 2 (line 2:2502)) I (Anonymous Script 2 (line 2:9364)) Xm (Anonymous Script 2 (line 2:8350)) Fm (Anonymous Script 2 (line 2:1745)) (anonymous function) (Anonymous Script 2 (line 2:8090)) QT (Anonymous Script 2 (line 2:6992)) U (Anonymous Script 2 (line 2:998)) (anonymous function) (Anonymous Script 2 (line 2:11865)) bg (Anonymous Script 2 (line 2:11806)) zf (www-embed-player.js:467) (anonymous function) (www-embed-player.js:466:114) f (www-embed-player.js:439:114)

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I contacted Support and after an initial response, reiterated that this was happening in all browsers for all our clients' websites on 7.1 and 7.0...

This is not just on Safari, it also happens on Chrome (Windows and Mac), and the latest version of Edge (Windows). The screenshot I sent is from the Chrome code inspector – see below. It happens on all the Squarespace websites we’ve developed for clients on both Squarespace 7.1 and Squarespace 7.0.

Even if its impact on performance is small, it is still worrisome, it adds confusion when we’re troubleshooting other errors, and it should be fixed.

Here's Support's response; basically treating this as a mere feature request...

Hi again Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me here-- I'd like to reiterate that the warning you're seeing in the Javascript console reader related to the sourcemaps on your site does not impact the function of your site or our platform at all!

This information is only used in specific development tasks that aren't related to the built-in function of our site.

I've submitted a feature request to our development team regarding this issue when we last corresponded, and I'll be happy to update that request with your note that the issue is appearing in the Javascript consoles of not just the Safari browser, but the other browsers and operating systems you've tested! 

I'll also include your feedback regarding the confusion these warnings create in investigating other matters on your sites.