Create email Alias like it used to be with google domains

Hey there, 
my domain recently got migrated to Squarespace and now the email aliases I used beforehand with Google domains don't seem to work anymore. 
I don't have Google Workspace, but it was possible to set up an alias using the Gmail SMTP server, so I could send emails from a name@mydomain.com email even though I only had set up the Email forwarding as a catchall.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Not sure if my issue is the same, but this is as close as I could get to my search for this topic.  I have an email address set up name@mydomain.com that I have forwarding to my gmail account.  I would like to be able to be in my gmail account and send an email "From" my name@mydomain.com address.  To do this, I was trying to set it up in gmail and it wants to know the smtp server, my login and password.  Can't find anything on squarespace about the smtp server info, and what login and password??  The password I use to login to sqarespace?  I mean, there's no login and password for the email I created through them.  I'm so confused. 
Essentially, how am I to send an email from my business email address when all I see if forwarding, not sending options. 

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 2.15.23 PM.png

Hey - after searching I finally found the answer in this Reddit post.

I assume you've already set up email forwarding from the Squarespace. To add the alias in Gmail:

1. Enable 2-step verification, in security settings, look for App Password option on the 2SV settings page, or try the direct link at https://myaccount.google.com/apppasswords. 
  2. Create app password for squarespace and save password when prompted - username doesn't matter
  3. In gmail setting - add the alias as usual
  4. When asked for SMTP information use the following:

SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
Secured Using: SSL
Username: your gmail username without the domain
Password: the password generated above

Hope this helps and thanks to everyone for the