Squarespace tax issue - Need help

Squarespace tax issue - Need help

Dear forum, I am aware that it is not possible to create different tax rates for different products in Squarespace. I don't understand why this still doesn't work anyway. 
Now there is the possibility not to show a tax calculation for ‘Services’ and ‘Digital Products’. However, I sell my vouchers via Squarespace with the product ‘Downloads’ because the buyers receive a beautifully designed PDF to download and give away after the purchase. 
As these are service vouchers, the option to sell the ‘Gift vouchers’ product is not suitable as it does not allow PDF downloads. 

Is it now possible to remove taxes on downloads by means of a code or otherwise or to store a PDF with the gift vouchers or services? 

The problem is that I have to charge 20% tax on the physical products, but not on the downloadable vouchers. 

It would be really important to find a solution if Squarespace is apparently unable or unwilling to solve this eternal problem with the taxes. A real pity. 

Thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem! I need to be able to charge 7% on digital products and 19% on other products. This is not possible on Squarespace - thus making it non-compliant with the German Tax regulation.

Furthermore, gift cards receipts have to display the VAT at the moment of sale in case the single VAT rate is applied to all the products. So the gift cards at the moment not displaying the VAT are not compliant with the German Tax regulation either.

It would be great if this problem were addressed asap.

Thank you!