Hi! I'm looking for advice on ONLY the Home page of this site before I send it to the client. I have some dark panels with simple grey backgrounds and some with texture so I can see what the client prefers. Happy to hear your thoughts as well! I also have the button styles in two different fonts to see which font they prefer. Any and all advice is appreciated! The hero image is different from a normal website as the artist wants to showcase his art and have the titles mimic the annotation of an art book. 

https://emu-oval-c6bn.squarespace.com/

password: sanctuary

• Replies 2
  • Views 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Viewed on a PC laptop, 1920 x 1080px 

Colour contrast between background, logo and navigation text seems too low.  Also, the fine lines on text and logo are getting lost. 

You can never see the full painting - you have to scroll up and down to take it in.  This is true of every painting on the page. 

Grey panel with 3 images & related button is good. Possibly still contrast ratio issues. 

After that it's great except there needs to be some padding in the Artist Journey section to take text and button away from the border line. 

..having just gone through the whole page I think the buttons are getting lost because they are fully transparent so the textured background and grey text mean that the contrast ratio is very poor. 

I'd increase the size of the picture credits -they're tiny. 

Overall I think any fixes would be to do with text sizing and colour contrast. Apart from that I like it, particularly the gold keylines with overlaid section titles as you get further down the page. 

I'm Colin Irwin aka silvabokis.  I've been a Squarespace designer & developer since 2013. 
I remember when it was all wild prairies round these here parts. 🐃🤠
Advice I give on here is free, though I may sometimes post an affiliate link or promote something I've written.
That reminds me.. ..you might want to check out my
Squarespace template finder or have a look at my other Squarespace tips
Speaking of tips, 💲I've got a tip jar that you're welcome to throw a few quid into if you think I've helped you. 
If you're looking for a Squarespace developer 
Book a chat or Drop me a line - first meeting is always free