Is it possible to go back to the final draft BEFORE the trial ended and erases everything??

Posted (edited)

Hi- really hoping someone can help! Is there ANY way to go back to the final edit of a site before the trial ended? I was waiting on the final approval from a client on a site I spent weeks of time on, and was very happy with, only to find it was completely erased when I logged in because the trial ended.  I'm devastated. I paid for the account hoping it would resurrect that latest draft but it did nothing. Is there any way to retrieve the site before the trial ended?? 

I have tried contacting Squarespace repeatedly to no avail. 

Thanks. 

Edited by MKS202
info

How long was there between the trial expiring and purchasing?

41 minutes ago, MKS202 said:

I have tried contacting Squarespace repeatedly to no avail. 

You couldn't make contact with Squarespace or they couldn't help?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

15 minutes ago, MKS202 said:

Hi- really hoping someone can help! Is there ANY way to go back to the final edit of a site before the trial ended? I was waiting on the final approval from a client on a site I spent weeks of time on, and was very happy with, only to find it was completely erased when I logged in because the trial ended.  I'm devastated. I paid for the account hoping it would resurrect that latest draft but it did nothing. Is there any way to retrieve the site before the trial ended?? 

Thanks. 

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Probably a few weeks between expiry and subscription. In this case, I might abandon the whole thing because starting this one over it too daunting, but I use Squarespace often for a few other clients and will surely build a new one again. That said, if this happens again, is it possible to retrieve an earlier draft after the trial expires and before subscription? 

I'm surprised that your content/design disappeared so quickly, I was expecting you to say it had been 6 months since the trial expired!

There are no tools to revert to previous versions of your design on Squarespace. What you should do is become a Circle member as that will get you 180-day trials, and if that expires then you can easily extend by another 180 days by speaking to Squarespace Support.

https://pros.squarespace.com/blog/getting-started-with-circle

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?