Change size of Simple List Items buttons

Go to solution Solved by rothko20,

Hi, for some reason the Simple List buttons (under Items) look really huge on this page:

https://www.lisarodondi.com/kapa/my-adventure-with-kapa 

If I reduce the primary button size settings under Site Styles > Buttons, all of the other primary buttons on this page shrink to be tiny (for some reason their sizing doesn't seem to align with the Simple List Item buttons). Any ideas how I can fix this?

Many thanks in advance!

I ended up changing all of the other non-Simple List buttons on this page to be secondary buttons, and reduced the primary button size, but it still looks huge. There must be a bug in the Site Styles settings, because when I try to manually reduce the primary button text size, it doesn't change at all.

On another note, the first blue button that appears at the top of the page ("VIEW KAPA WORKS") tends to overlap the text when viewed on a smaller 13" MacBook monitor. Is there a way to force the button to not overlay the text? 

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 9.30.54 PM.png

3 hours ago, rothko20 said:

On another note, the first blue button that appears at the top of the page ("VIEW KAPA WORKS") tends to overlap the text when viewed on a smaller 13" MacBook monitor. Is there a way to force the button to not overlay the text? 

The only way to stop the contents of blocks from overlapping is not to have the blocks overlapping. You are currently using a text block with the background enabled and the button overlapping the bottom portion of that block. If you change to using a shape block for the background and disable the text block background, then you can have the button and text blocks next to each other without them overlapping which will prevent the content overlapping on smaller screens.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Hi Ziggy, thanks for your help! That seems to have done the trick.

Might you happen to know why the four Simple List buttons that say "READ MORE" (toward the bottom of the page, under four Items) still look really huge? I'd like them to match the size of the buttons above them on the rest of the page.

Many thanks again 🙂

3 hours ago, rothko20 said:

Might you happen to know why the four Simple List buttons that say "READ MORE" (toward the bottom of the page, under four Items) still look really huge? I'd like them to match the size of the buttons above them on the rest of the page.

I believe that they follow the Primary button style, font size and padding.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 

• Solution

They should indeed, but for some reason they do not in this site. I was able to shrink the huge buttons in Custom CSS field with the following:

/*Simple List Gallery button size */
.list-item-content__button {
font-size: .65rem !important;
font-weight: 700;
}

2 minutes ago, rothko20 said:

I was able to shrink the huge buttons in Custom CSS field with the following:

Nice one!

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: