Can't change DNS settings to point to this website

I am hosting a website with Firebase, and it told me to add a few DNS records to my website to prove ownership. I have done so a few days ago, but it cannot seem to find them, despite them clearly being there when I go to edit the DNS settings. Furthermore, I have also used another website to check for DNS propagation, and it seems that my new records weren't propagated properly.

I know my website works (the link I entered above works just fine), but I am unable to set up a redirect. I have attached some images below detailing what kind of records Firebase told me to add.

I'm pretty stumped, and any help would be kindly appreciated!

brave_N2XUE4l5st.png

brave_LA0ZIybWPt.png

Hello.
Any ideas.
-The basic IT solution: delete them and create them again.
-Set some value in the priority field.
-The forwarding was achieved through the DNS forwarding option in other domain administrators. This is also giving me problems.
-Does the site have any domain verification option? This option could show you an error that guides you as to where the problem is.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, we're currently facing the same challenges connecting our Squarespace domain to our Firebase website. Has anyone resolved the issue? Interestingly, when using Google Domains, we didn't face any problems, but since transitioning to Squarespace, we've been encountering difficulties. Our development team is actively working on it, but the issue persists with an error message prompting us to enter a valid host. We even attempted a third-party solution, redirecting from Squarespace to Google and then to our website, but after waiting the problem remains unresolved. Any insights or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by member101
i made a mistake
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In my case, it was due to an space character in front of the ip. I took me a few hours to figure it out lol. Squarespace should really make some improvements, return some constructive error messages for starters.