Some images have become blurry on mobile site.

Hi, 

I'm having some issues on my mobile site. Some images on my homepage have become blurry, they were not like this when uploaded and images that have been more recently uploaded appear fine. All images look fine on the desktop site, it's only on the mobile site. I have deleted and re-uploaded the files but I'm still having the same problem. I am using custom CSS on the site but I'm not sure why this would have started effecting images now, and only be effecting certain images.

Any help and advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Tim.

www.timjobling.co.uk

Are you referring to the mobile preview or in "real world" testing on a phone?

Usually, this is because of loading speed, so down to the image size and how well compressed it is, but loading can also be impacted by CSS and code especially if there are any errors.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Hi Zygmunt, 

Thanks for your reply.

It's happening with my live site, i've had a look on a few different phones and all have the same issue. The images are within the sqaurespace recommended image size. It's also only a problem that has started occurring recently and is only effecting certain images, and it is always the same images that are blurry. They are all images that have been on the site for a while, whereas there is no problem with more recently uploaded images. I have not made any changes to my CSS for  some time so it's not a direct result of a change I've made.

Thanks again, 

Tim.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Same issue. Thumbnail images on the landing pages have become blurry out of nowhere. All were fine three days ago now all are not. Some of these images were uploaded months ago.

Click through to the product and the images are fine again. If they weren't of high enough quality you should see more blur in the larger images than the smaller images?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I had a similar issue and I think I've just fixed it.

I think the problem was the image ratio.

Here's the image dims-ratio before and after I cropped offline and re-uploaded;
1920 × 1142px, png (960 : 571 ratio)
1920 × 1080px, png (16 : 9 ratio)

My guess is that squarespace has decided to not handle silly ratios like mine was set to.

Edited by celeryboom