How to highlight a portion of text in a text box without having the box move around on the page.

You need to click on the text block, so that you see the flashing cursor, before selecting and highlighting the text you want.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Pinch-to-Zoom Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

I get the flashing curser but when I click and drag to highlight a portion of text the whole box moves. The only way to highlight a portion of text is to hold down command+A to select it all or double click to select one word.

3 hours ago, Ermz said:

I get the flashing curser but when I click and drag to highlight a portion of text the whole box moves. The only way to highlight a portion of text is to hold down command+A to select it all or double click to select one word.

That sounds like a problem on your website/browser. You can try clearing the browser cache and restarting the browser, if that doesn't help, then contact squaresapce support here:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/requests/new#choose-topic

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Pinch-to-Zoom Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

• 7 months later...

I had exactly the same issue but after much frustration, I discovered that there is something wrong with their editor and it is not working as we expect in Firefox (Windows 10). Switching to Chrome makes it work as described.

I am posting 7 months after this issue was flagged. I have been a developer for 20 years but am new to Squarespace. This inconsistency is not encouraging.

Edited by PeterInDC
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, Ermz said:

When I try to highlight a portion of text in a text box to format it the box moves around on the page. How do I stop this from happening?

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 11.48.05 AM.png

I had the same problem, but it was solved by turning off the Ghostery extension. Hope it helps you too :)