How to open a page in Fluid Mode

• Replies 5
  • Views 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're running a website in Squarespace version 7.1 you should see buttons on each section that say "Upgrade", clicking that will switch to the fluid engine editor.

If your website is on Squarespace 7.0 then fluid engine will not be available to your website.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

• 1 year later...

my website is on 7.1 
some pages are fluid engine, 
others not and can not be upgraded, the button is not showing
i also don't see how to create a page with sections that have the grid of the fluid engine
understood already that the ones with an 'i' are not possible to enable but i'm wondering which one are

In a page that has a fluid engine grid in a section i copy it to a new section and edit but on eg. the collaborate i don't have any section to copy ...

a mistery that i can't figure out

www.penart.be

On 5/29/2024 at 5:39 PM, bram.van.scharen said:

understood already that the ones with an 'i' are not possible to enable but i'm wondering which one are

Hi @bram.van.scharen On a 7.1 website, unless you have specifically added a new section using the classic editor (Add Blank Classic Editor), all sections will use the fluid engine.

You've mentioned sections such as 'i', I believe this is referring to one of the layout options when adding a new section. All these sections are also using the fluid engine, however for these sections, the layout is defined by the "template" you have chosen, so you do not have the same flexibility to add/remove blocks in those sections as you would for a blank section. For the a not blank section, you have the ability to change the design via the available options, such as for a list section, Edit Content -> Design.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help explain anything further.

image.png.bf1b3e2a131225d6383bdd83c2f70374.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

23 hours ago, bram.van.scharen said:

After getting in touch with support i was informed that in circle members options i had opt-out for fluid design on ! my bad!!

I see! Glad you got it sorted!

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)