Create Copyable text/link pop-up

Site URL: http://hilarybeckwith.com/

Hello - 

I am trying to do one of two things (either will resolve my issue).

On other sites I have come across the ability to either hover/click on a link that brings up text that can easily be copied and shared with others, OR (preferred) has some sort of sharing link that automatically pastes text and a link into an outgoing email or text (think sharing podcasts with friends - if you "share" via text, it will open your text messaging, paste the text, something like "I found this podcast I think you'll enjoy [insert link]", and the sender just has to enter the recipient's contact info).

Are either of these things possible with squarespace 7.1?

If so, can someone please, in laymans terms, talk me through how to set it up?

I appreciate the help!

• Replies 1
  • Views 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @hilaryb - lots of different ways to approach this with varying degrees of complexity. Based on what you described, the most simple and flexible solution might be adding a sharing "plugin" like AddToAny. What gets displayed on your site can be heavily customized, but a common option is to have the page URL and title be the "shared" content and I know the list of sharing platforms can be tailored to include email and SMS, in addition to a bunch of other common messaging apps. More info here: https://www.addtoany.com/buttons/customize/page_url_title

You would need to be on a Squarespace Business plan or higher to use this.

If you need support getting this up and running, or want to talk through the functionality you're looking for more detail feel free to reach out. There's contact info and call scheduling here.

Hope that helps,

Ed

--

Blue Hills Digital
Support with website optimization, SEO and finding a digital marketing strategy that works.

Latest resource: Squarespace and Google Analytics: a Step-by-Step Guide