Thanks for the help, I'm still misunderstanding this I guess. I downloaded the font onto my computer using dafont.com. Imported the file into custom CSS and copied the source URL provided. I was following a guide for installing custom font and was getting an error after trying:
font-family: 'Butler' ;
src: url('https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57e2c4ed893fc0209923cd9e/t/57e31c2be3df280f317a0708/1474501675437/Butler_Medium_Stencil.otf') ;
and replacing the fields with my own.
What further confuses me is that the font worked perfectly fine even before I did that; it just wasn't scaling on mobile hence how I got here.