Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
DigitalN

How can I remove the site title on my homepage?

Question

13 answers to this question

Using the CSS editor:

.homepage #top { display: none; }

Also check through the style tweaks, your template author may have provided an option for the homepage to not display a title.

Edited by Karl Guertin

Frontend Dev @ Squarespace I work on the core javascript and in particular the editing system. If you type things in, you're using my code. My knowledge of the rest of the system varies. I don't set the roadmap and I can't talk about upcoming stuff. Answers aren't official, they're me helping out on my own time.

If you're going to do this consistently, take out the CSS and check the 'Options>Hide Page Title' tweak in the style editor. That will disable the title on all pages.

Frontend Dev @ Squarespace I work on the core javascript and in particular the editing system. If you type things in, you're using my code. My knowledge of the rest of the system varies. I don't set the roadmap and I can't talk about upcoming stuff. Answers aren't official, they're me helping out on my own time.

@bmackey, in Pacific, if you're using your Site Title, you can use this in your Custom CSS:

.homepage #siteTitle {display: none;}

If you're using a logo, use this;

.homepage #logoImage {display: none;}

Hi Karl, can I ask how I am able to customize this for other pages? If I was to apply it to the "Who We Are" page, I was thinking all I would need to do is change the .homepage part to .whoweare but that appears to not be working.

If you're going to do it on a per-page basis, you'll have to use the page id. This is found in the id attribute on the page's body tag. In the case of your 'Who We Are' page it'd be "#collection-509c3dd7e4b0b5d93ca20b69 #top"

Hi guys,

I'm having the same problem but on the wells template. I've tried the css codes provided but it doesn't work...

Thanks,

ping @alexberen

JL

Edited by joakimlundin
Initial Revision

This is great! I was able to remove the site title on my homepage, but now there's a bit of extra spacing. Is there a way to remove this extra space? My website is www.DJMichaelDemby.com

Thanks!