How can I remove the site title on my homepage?

Go to solution Solved by Karl Guertin,

• Solution

Using the CSS editor:

.homepage #top { display: none; }

Also check through the style tweaks, your template author may have provided an option for the homepage to not display a title.

Edited by Karl Guertin

Frontend Dev @ Squarespace I work on the core javascript and in particular the editing system. If you type things in, you're using my code. My knowledge of the rest of the system varies. I don't set the roadmap and I can't talk about upcoming stuff. Answers aren't official, they're me helping out on my own time.

If you're going to do this consistently, take out the CSS and check the 'Options>Hide Page Title' tweak in the style editor. That will disable the title on all pages.

Frontend Dev @ Squarespace I work on the core javascript and in particular the editing system. If you type things in, you're using my code. My knowledge of the rest of the system varies. I don't set the roadmap and I can't talk about upcoming stuff. Answers aren't official, they're me helping out on my own time.

If you're going to do it on a per-page basis, you'll have to use the page id. This is found in the id attribute on the page's body tag. In the case of your 'Who We Are' page it'd be "#collection-509c3dd7e4b0b5d93ca20b69 #top"

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

@vcampaner

Visually or structurally?

Visually. Here the title has been hidden but the space it took up is still in the flow.

.header-title {

visibility : hidden;

}

1762773888_ScreenShot2021-04-09at12_04_43PM.png.bdc58d2ee82392da99b726bd126aa881.png

Structurally. Here the title has been taken out of the flow.

.header-title {

display : none;

}

415396871_ScreenShot2021-04-09at12_10_23PM.png.ee78a276027a3f46f6345483f0617d0c.png

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

13 hours ago, creedon said:

@vcampaner

Visually. Here the title has been hidden but the space it took up is still in the flow.

.header-title {

}

1762773888_ScreenShot2021-04-09at12_04_43PM.png.bdc58d2ee82392da99b726bd126aa881.png

.header-title {

}

415396871_ScreenShot2021-04-09at12_10_23PM.png.ee78a276027a3f46f6345483f0617d0c.png

Thank you this is really helpful !

If I remove it structurally is it going to change my google search ? 

@vcampaner

Structurally is probably not the best term but I couldn't think of a better one. I'm trying to explain some complex stuff without going into all the deeper stuff.

When display : none is used it takes the element out of the rendering flow but the element still remains available but now not visible. Since the element is still available it can be put back into the flow by changing display again.

I don't know if Google ignores elements that have display : none on them and if it does how it goes into Google ranking.

I doubt Google is going to get confused about which site and page it is indexing. The site and page title are still part of the header information for your site.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

16 hours ago, creedon said:

@vcampaner

Structurally is probably not the best term but I couldn't think of a better one. I'm trying to explain some complex stuff without going into all the deeper stuff.

When display : none is used it takes the element out of the rendering flow but the element is still remains available but now not visible. Since the element is still available it can be put back into the flow by changing display again.

I don't know if Google ignores elements that have display : none on them and if it does how it goes into Google ranking.

I doubt Google is going to get confused about which site and page it is indexing. The site and page title are still part of the header information for your site.

Thank you this is helpful ! 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 3:12 PM, creedon said:

@vcampaner

.header-title {

}

.header-title {

}

For some reason this doesn't work for me. I am using the Impact template.

I want the top "The Social...." gone because it is redundant.

image.png

@noobiedesign

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 5:04 PM, creedon said:

@noobiedesign

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

kroschlab.com

Thanks

On 1/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, noobiedesign said:

For some reason this doesn't work for me. I am using the Impact template.

The reason it didn't work as the code was designed for a different template.

I'm not see what you are seeing.

1687770089_ScreenShot2022-01-24at6_13_42PM.png.b3157b0860f96b3fb30b901ab1afda64.png