Facebook Messenger Chat Plugin

• Replies 11
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd need to provide more information if you'd like the community to help. For example, the code you've added and a link to your site. Your site doesn't need to be live - a link to a trial site (something.squarespace.com) is fine.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I figured it out! You have to whitelist your domain for the chat box to show up. This is not in the area where you set up the chat box code but above it.

Go to Messenger Platform Settings on your pageScroll down to: Whitelisted DomainsThird-party domains that are accessible in the Messenger webview for use with the Messenger Extensions SDK, and for Messenger plugins.

Then set up your Customer Chat Plugin and inject the code in the footer under advanced settings.

@atticusmabry @figlet

I figured it out! You have to whitelist your domain for the chat box to show up. This is not in the area where you set up the chat box code but above it.

Go to Messenger Platform Settings on your pageScroll down to: Whitelisted DomainsThird-party domains that are accessible in the Messenger webview for use with the Messenger Extensions SDK, and for Messenger plugins.

Then set up your Customer Chat Plugin and inject the code in the footer under advanced settings.

@atticusmabry @figlet

Go to Messenger Platform Settings on your page Scroll down to: Whitelisted Domains Third-party domains that are accessible in the Messenger webview for use with the Messenger Extensions SDK, and for Messenger plugins.

@atticusmabry @figlet

Super easy method

... for non-developers to is our Facebook Messenger Squarespace Plugin .

It's coded specially for Squarespace and has easily adjustable options:

• Select how plugin should show: minimized, greeting or fade-in-out
    • Easy on/off -switch to temporarily disable plugin
    • Custom greeting text shown to visitors
    • Specific greetings for specific pages
    • Select color
    • Select language to match site

We guarantee that it will work. If it doesn't we'll fix it for you. If it still doesn't we'll refund. So we take all the stress and responsibility for you.

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!

• 8 months later...

I've been running into the exact same issue, and have tried to install it multiple times over the past few weeks.

I've whitelisted all of my domains, both with + without "www", tried in the header, footer, on specific pages, etc. and nothing is working.

Archived