Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Sign in to follow this  
ZomZom

Can I upload a SVG file to the image block?

When I try to add my .svg file as an image block I get an error message that only images are allowed. How can I add a .svg?

Edited by acalvo
retag

Not 100% sure if it will work, but why not convert the svg to png? I don't really mess with SVG files, but I do know there are conversions out there.

Squarespace developer since 2007.

I create a professional process for each client to ensure that your objectives are met and users are happy. Something I love to embrace.

I'm available for hire

Get in touch at http://www.nickscola.com or via email at squaretuts@gmail.com

I just wanted to comment that this worked very well for me....thanks! BTW, have you tried it copying ALL the code of the SVG? For me it was just one extra line at the very top but I've never tried it myself

That line of code was

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>

Edited by SteveCrow
Initial Revision

On 11/2/2012 at 8:05 AM, avsmithy said:

No. However you can upload the SVG code into a code block. Open the SVG in a text editor and copy everything from

<svg...

to

</svg> 

(inclusive).

This method worked for me, I've wasted the past 3 hours trying to convert my SVGs into font families and found out SquareSpace doesn't allow users to upload .svgs

If you're looking to use custom .svg icons made from illustrator (after image tracing), just right click your .svg file and "open with >" the notepad.

After that, just simply copy and paste the entire <svg> text from the notepad and paste it into a code block or markdown block.

The <svg> text allows you to control the width and height of the svg image itself.