How can I override the browser's right-click settings?

I was wondering if you could please help me as I would greatly appreciate it. I am really in a jam...

Could you please tell me the code able to BLOCK RIGHT CLICK so people can not see/view resources....

I can't thank you enough in advance...

Best to you,

Gianluca

• Replies 32
  • Views 83k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't promise this is going to work but in your code injection add

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>
   var message = "function disabled"; 
   function rtclickcheck(keyp){ if (navigator.appName == "Netscape" && keyp.which == 3){   alert(message); return false; } 
   if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE") != -1 && event.button == 2) {  alert(message);     return false; } } 
   document.onmousedown = rtclickcheck;
</SCRIPT>

Note: This will just stop them right clicking. If they want to there are other ways for people to view source code.

I'm also unsure if SS6 has Java or Jquery installed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This worked better for me:

<script language=JavaScript> var message="Function Disabled!"; function clickIE4(){ if (event.button==2){ alert(message); return false; } } function clickNS4(e){ if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){ if (e.which==2||e.which==3){ alert(message); return false; } } } if (document.layers){ document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN); document.onmousedown=clickNS4; } else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){ document.onmousedown=clickIE4; } document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false") </script>

Inject this header code. This worked better for me:

<script language=JavaScript> var message="Function Disabled!"; function clickIE4(){ if (event.button==2){ alert(message); return false; } } function clickNS4(e){ if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){ if (e.which==2||e.which==3){ alert(message); return false; } } } if (document.layers){ document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN); document.onmousedown=clickNS4; } else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){ document.onmousedown=clickIE4; } document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false") </script>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd like to be able to provide a good viewing experience to site visitors, with large images, but I don't want to make it *too" easy for them to download. A 1500 pixel wide image is marginally printable, and it can certainly be used for unauthorized web display, even if it's cropped or resized.

I was hoping that I could avoid dropping the size down to something that wouldn't be of much use to unauthorized "borrowers".

If dragging an image from a page would always result in a file that was the smallest of Squarespace's six sizes, then I'd probably be OK with uploading 1000-1200 pixel originals.

I suggested this in a Customer Care ticket, and I'm waiting for a response....

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey everyone I've figured out how to fix this. Mind you I don't know how it is if it is in a gallery. I have my images added by the "add a image" block as I prefer this look over the galleries. When you add the image in the same block that comes up where you upload the image if you scroll down there is a "click through link" area. Here you can add an external link etc. which will be a result to when then right click or I think click period on your photo. I have mine set to my blog. So anytime anyone right clicks or clicks my photos it directs them to my blog automatically. If they right click and save what actually gets saved is an html file that when opened leads right to my blog. I hope this helps!! Love and light to everyone and good luck with their websites!! Michelle

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I use this code to disable the Save option on iOS (iPhone and iPad):

body {
   -webkit-user-select:none !important;  
   -webkit-touch-callout:none !important;
 -moz-user-select:none !important; 
 -ms-user-select: none !important; 
 user-select: none !important;
 touch-callout: none !important;
}

It can be added to the Design -> Custom CSS panel of your site. It doesn't work on Chrome, but it's a start.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This worked on Chrome for me today. Thank you all so much !!!!!

Archived