Five Template: Is it possible to have the Logo AND Page Title in the Banner Content area?

• Replies 4
  • Views 26k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That specific configuration was omitted for one solid reason. The Site Title / Logo is a dual purpose element in our designs. We display the Site Title unless there is a Logo to display instead. That being said, if there was no logo and I allowed 'Logo and Page Title' there would be two headings right next to each other. That can't happen. Make sense?

With some Custom CSS, you can configure the Banner Content the way you want.

Thanks Eric. I ended up going with the "Page Title - Description" option with the logo in the top left. Works well. The only thing I've noticed is that having the Page Title as a link in a little redundant as if you can see it, you are already on the page. I just make the Page Title hover colour the same as the Page Title cover so its not obvious.

Paul

• 8 months later...

@eanderson you say that with some custom CSS it is possible to configure the banner content. Could you give me an example of how I could, for example, add a title in my banner, that is neither the site logo&tagline or the title of the site? Right now I have added text with the CSS "before" property, and made the site title invisible (because as I see it, if I set banner content as empty, I can't add anything to it). I don't really like this solution so if there is a better way to do it I would love to hear it. :)

And later on, I want to add a video to the banner (similar to what they do here: www.fiftythree.com/paper) Is that possible at all?

Archived