How can I add small annotation-like text (superscript)?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution

There isn't a preset available for this in the text editor, so you'll need to add your text in a Markdown Block or a Code Block and use HTML. The HTML for superscript is

<sup>   </sup>
For example, you could add something like this:
<p>This text contains <sup>superscript</sup> text.</p>
..to achieve this..

This text contains superscript text.

Read more about the HTML here: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_sup.asp

I hope that helps.

Paul

Contributors to this forum voluntarily give their time to help you.
If a post helped, please tap on one of the "Like" icons below  ↘️

Edited by paul2009

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee

• 6 months later...

Paul's answer works well. In addition, if it's something you use often and require the style to be in-line with the rest of your text, I've created a plugin for Squarespace that allows for superscript, subscript and more. See Squint.

-Brandon
Project Mgr. and Developer at Ignertia
Creator of Squint - Custom Text Styles & Headings for the Squarespace Text Editor

Edited by brandon
Initial Revision

If a response helped you out, send a 'Like' 👍 (bottom-right) and/or 'Upvote' vote.jpg.c260784ece77aec852b0e3049c77a607.jpg (top-left)

• 3 years later...

I do it like so … (for digits)

1. I select the digit that I would like to superscript
  2. In MacOS, I launch the Character Viewer
  3. I use the search function available in the Character Viewer window and search for superscript
  4. From the search results, I double click the character I want to replace the selection I made in step 1 and the selected text is now replaced by what I double clicked on

As a tip, you can pretty much double click on most anything inside the character viewer and it will "type" into the text block. I might be worth your while to inspect the element using the browser inspector to learn what is going on behind the scenes as it were. I would also test the results by viewing the contents in a variety of browsers to understand any limitations that might not be obvious.

image.thumb.png.94a3cadebf8cf8b143ebbbee7591eb07.png

Edited by AlexSantos
Added tip
  • 2 months later...

There are Unicode superscript characters.

Superscript: ᴬᴮᶜᴰᴱᶠᴳᴴᴵᴶᴷᴸᴹᴺᴼᴾᵠᴿˢᵀᵁⱽᵠˣʸᶻᵃᵇᶜᵈᵉᶠᵍʰᶦʲᵏˡᵐⁿᵒᵖᵠʳˢᵗᵘᵛᵠˣʸᶻ¹²³⁴⁵⁶⁷⁸⁹⁰

Subscript: ₐBCDₑFGₕᵢⱼₖₗₘₙₒₚQᵣₛₜᵤᵥQₓYZₐᵦ𝒸𝒹ₑ𝒻𝓰ₕᵢⱼₖₗₘₙₒₚᵩᵣₛₜᵤᵥᵩₓᵧ𝓏₁₂₃₄₅₆₇₈₉₀

You can copy these characters and paste them.

• 1 year later...